which hot water tank

Anything to do with environmental building projects.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: which hot water tank

Yes we can only feed ours by gravity too, which is not a problem for us (our tank will sit almost directly above our stove)

The only pump needed would be for a central heating loop and we are fine with that cutting out in power cuts. Hot water and a heat-dump radiator will continue to run with no electricity.

Are you getting a local plumber to fit yours? or are you doing it yourself? From what I read about vented thermal stores they are reasonably simple to set up [simple for an experienced plumber or simple for an experienced DIYer??? I don't know]

I'll have a look at McDonald tanks too, thanks for the link.

I don't know about the tank you are thinking of but the one I am looking at you can even run radiators from thermal solar which would be superb.... just as a gentle evening heat.... but I think we will have to forgo solar, with all our debts there is just no way we can afford it now unless we can find a reasonable DIY option.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Thurston Garden
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: which hot water tank

I am hoping that the solar thermal guys will fit the tank and I can then pipe the stove into the second loop in the tank. Can't be difficult! I am going to do all the plumbing myself. Compost toilet - no plumbing. Shower pod - take off wrapper, push fit hot and cold and screw on drain. That leaves two sinks. surely I can cope with that.....
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)