Eco kettle

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Ranter wrote: A problem I've found with all measurements on kettles is that they're measured in cups.
Our fancy kettle is highly progressive and shows contents in litres - which is why I added that sticker with the two cups level (meaning two mugs, of course, because that's all we have here...)
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Honeybabe
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

The eco kettle has 2 measures on it. One for cups and one for mugs, and the mug level is pretty accurate to the mugs I use.
You push the button down to let water from one reserviour into the other.

Haven't tried the bicard cleaning yet but I'll give it a go this weekend. There is only one bit of metal and that isn't the taste it is giving off.
Its definitely the kettle as I don't always have milk in my tea.

I thought it would be an easier way to get the others in the house to boil just one mug for one cup of tea instead of the whole kettle.

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

Can appreciate that Honeybabe,

Different measures for cups & mugs is a long overdue innovation. When the time comes to buy a new kettle I'll definately look at the EcoKettle. As long as you've worked out how to get rid of the plastic smell by then...

Mandyz
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well I'm a tea drinker in a family of coffee-drinkers.
I used to have a horrid electric kettle someone gave me when I moved out of home - the kind with the metal heating coils in the water. Cleaning that regularly was a pain in the arse. In addition, it didn't whistle, and I'm not one to watch a kettle boil, so sometimes I forgot... and it would boil unnecessarily long. I was very proud of myself to buy a stovetop kettle with a whistle last year. I know how many counts I need for a cup or pot of tea. Still training OH who seems to think the kettle needs to be full. I usually "solve" the problem by making myself a cup of tea. I'm still reminding him to feed the old water to the plants and use fresh water.

I confess we use tea bags for black tea, but we also buy a lot of loose herbal teas. My favourites are a rooibus or yerba. I have hemp reusable tea bags in cup and pot size. And I bought a metal acorn-style loose tea device, but dicovered it's useless with herbal teas... should have thought that one out better. Still, I imagine it will be useful one day.

And I had to laugh at the comment about tea pots that only get half the tea to the cup! I have one of those - obviously designed to look pretty. Fortunately I also have two good ones that don't spill - a mini one great for when it's just me and a larger one for company. Now I just need to knit myself a tea cozy... :)