Any other foragers in the north west?

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
markpeace
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Any other foragers in the north west?

I'm north-westerly (Manchester), and gradually upping my confidence - mushrooms have been my thing (until the winter robbed them all). I'd be interested in networking and a potential meet up.

Ash Blue
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Any one in Rochdale or nearby?

erniechef27
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

hi im the head chef at etrop grange hotel by manchester airport and are a massive fan of foraging but fairly inexperienced; can anybody spare me some time to come and teach me and show me ??
have found bur parsley ; jack-by-the-hedge ; nettles and elder so far but need teaching and guidance please.
can anybody help??
will really greatly appreciate any help
thank you in advance

markpeace
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

erniechef27 wrote:hi im the head chef at etrop grange hotel by manchester airport and are a massive fan of foraging but fairly inexperienced; can anybody spare me some time to come and teach me and show me ??
have found bur parsley ; jack-by-the-hedge ; nettles and elder so far but need teaching and guidance please.
can anybody help??
will really greatly appreciate any help
thank you in advance
It's a shame we're coming to the end of the St Georges/Wild Garlic season; they're good cheffy ingredients, and are safe and reliable (I could show you lots of spots along the Mersey). To get started, I'd recommend one of Jesper Launder's walks (http://www.jesperlaunder.com/events), which give you a good in to some reliable species. I'm also establishing a websitey, social networky gamey type thing to support new and experienced foragers - see my signature for the link.

Maybe we should organise some North West forays; not necessarily guided, just walks out with interested amateurs?