courgettes

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
hedgewizard
A selfsufficientish Regular

I've been growing it in pots this year, from seed, but it's really slow-growing. Is that me, or is that just how it is?

I've only been putting about three or four seeds to a 4' pot, maybe I should up it a bit :-)

Millymollymandy

I just sow direct in the ground and have found it germinates really quickly once the soil is warmed up.

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've grown basil indoors this year - the first sowing (in a cardboard egg-box) got parched whilst I was away for the weekend - but I've been much more careful with the second sowing & the plants are thriving. I'm about to pot them up now & distribute some to friends (if the plants live long enough once I've disturbed them).

I sowed 3 to a cell & removed the 2 weediest ones when the biggest had 4 leaves.

Even harvested my first courgettes a couple of days ago - first time I've grown them so I'm rather chuffed. I heeded a friend's warning about how many one plant can produce, so only bought the one.

hedgewizard

thanks for basil tips. Saving seed from two successful plants in the hope that they'll acclimatize and b happier next year!