Its Not Easy Being Green-worth a watch

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular

I saw last night's episode. It's a series I'd probably follow if I had a TV but not quite enough to make we want to rush and and buy one :wink:

It appeared to me to be very much an "-ish" approach to self-sufficiency, with plenty of ideas that really aren't easily translatable to a lot of situations because of their requirements vis a vis labour, space and money.

However, having said that, I'll be interested to hear how it progresses across the series.

Wulf

Tigerhair

Oh bottoms, missed last night - is it repeated??????
Tigz x

Verminda Spirit
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I love this programe, i so want to live with them...... :mrgreen: ...

Hopefully one day i too can live that dream, although i want to build my own eco- friendly house........ :dave:
The Seeker Of Truth, Eventually Has To Investigate Himself....

shiney

I missed it too! Blast.
:(
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

midgemagnet
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Well I enjoyed the first episode a lot - though clearly it was not on the cheap - and I wish my kids and friends were half as enthusiastic to help (...think Kevin the teenager x2). My 2 year old and jack russell are very enthusiastic...

The second one was...well... disappointing. No real substance, piggies arrived, veg growing, and the missus going to some green festival with no real information as to why??!! Solar shower was ok, greenhouse building?

Good luck to them and I'll watch a bit more (sky+ series link....)

Mick

ina

midgemagnet wrote:- and I wish my kids and friends were half as enthusiastic to help
They might be if they knew they were on telly! Maybe you could fool them into thinking that they are on candid camera?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

midgemagnet
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I'll get the camcorder out and see if it helps (if not watch out for Kevin and Perry 2...) :lol:

Guess I could be jealous of the progress...I get a bit frustrated with the weather, my lack of time ('cos I work for a living), and then am fixing / preparing rather than doing (finishing a garage/workshop with flat !!)

Looking forward to easter hols next week to get some of the veg in - though the ground is very wet at the moment.. :wink:

Mick

Millymollymandy

I was even less impressed by the 2nd episode. Especially the time wasted showing the woman at her hippy festival making dolls. :shock:

the woodmaiden
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I must agree I thought the festival bit wasnt really that relevant & might have *scared* some folk off?hard to explain,but I guess some might think argg have to wear hemp pants & make faeires... :wink: quite up for a bit of that myself but!
I enjoyed last nights tho,when the wheel turned & the house lights went on I went all shooooogly inside :lol: ok its a teeny bit of their electricity but even so :mrgreen: prrrrreeettty cool I thought!
Was inspired as well to see the bounty from the veggie garden!
Bright Blessings
Woody
x x x x

the woodmaiden

OMG!!! I HAVE JUST TURNED INTO JERRY!!!!
yay!!!! hmmmm these nylon trousers tho...they giving me static & making my hair go spikey!!! :lol:
x x x x

alcina
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

the woodmaiden wrote:OMG!!! I HAVE JUST TURNED INTO JERRY!!!!
Yup...it's quite fun when you move up a notch! I can't wait until I turn into Barbara...I'm planning a whole new wardrobe when I can finally fit my arse into those size 8 trousers! :wink:

Alcina

the woodmaiden

:lol: Alcina thats funny!! I spent most my formative years yearning to be Felicity Kendall lol!!!! :oops: as a kid I adored the Good Life (still do!) & there was another show with her in ,the only thing I can remember about it was that she slept upside down in her bed??!!! & I think...she had a pet rabbit?I remember thinking how *cool* being a grownup would be if you could sleep in your bed anywhich way you liked without someone coming in & telling you to *stop being silly* :roll: ahhhhhh nostalgia :lol:
So yes! me too!! Barbara here I come lol!!!!! :cheers:
Bright Blessings
Woody
x x x x

Shirley

alcina wrote:
the woodmaiden wrote:OMG!!! I HAVE JUST TURNED INTO JERRY!!!!
Yup...it's quite fun when you move up a notch! I can't wait until I turn into Barbara...I'm planning a whole new wardrobe when I can finally fit my arse into those size 8 trousers! :wink:

Alcina
Alcina...

Sorry to say that I stretched those trousers so much that they now have a rip in the seams and will more likely fit a size 16 - sorry
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Chickenlady

Has this finished does anyone know, or has it just been temporarily displaced by the snooker? I missed it last week, and tonight it's just a load of balls...
Haste makes waste

Shirley

am hoping it's just the snooker!

We should complain... how is snooker more important than green living??!! DOH!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/