101 tips to help save the environment

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
lucy.lists
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

enjoyed reading through all these, and prolly hopelessly out of date because this perhaps got moved elsewhere, but one thing sprang to mind:

if you're making a roast dinner, roast your veggies in the oven, instead of boiling/steaming separately.

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

... and make bubble-and-squeak the next day! My second favourite (after mum's veggie lasagne) dish ever!
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

Birdie Wife
Tom Good
Tom Good

The Chili Monster wrote:Muddy wrote:
Oh dear; you think I might just have tipped someone over the edge?

How about I reinterpret:-

Ensure zero (or less) population growth
Does that entail birth control or selective breeding?
Logically, I have to agree with Muddy. If you want children, think about stopping at one or two. Over-population is putting huge strain on finite resources, and okay, it's very un-PC to say so, but it's the truth! :silent:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Playing devils advocate here -

What if we all do stop reproducing so much (one child per couple would do it and ensure we do have a next generation) but that is those of us who care, (unless we advocate a government policy :shock: )

So the people that don't give 2 hoots (and in this country alot of them live off of benefits) they still have 6, 7, 8 kids.

By the time we are a few generations down the line the world wll be populated by people who don't give a damn and our poor kids will be left fighting the loosing battle.

A great, very oppinionated guy I used to work with had a great many theories like this - he wanted a ban on children if you live off benefits and if you have a degree you can have all the kids you want :shock:
(his arguement, not mine :mrgreen: )
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Annpan, if you work off the theory that most kids react against their parents then the children of large families will only have one child each anyway :lol:

Alternatively, if they are that bad then they'll probably kill themselves with booze or drugs before they can procreate anyway :lol:

Doesn't seem to quite work like that in practice though. And children of irresponsible parents can sometimes turn out to be the most responsible adults of all.

Zoe