Men and Money!!!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Men and Money!!!

gregorach wrote:However, I am resolutely single... That certainly helps. :wink:
Why are you resolutely single Dunc?

gregorach

Because I'm selfish and lazy. And probably a bit bitter too... It was kind of a joke actually. ;)
Cheers

Dunc

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

P&P I'm going to take your reply as a compliment ! I do hope that nobody thinks I was trying to critisise their relationships just saying what works for us.
Of course there's always the possibility that I'm the biggest dullard on the planet and my wife is secretly salting all my money away before running off with her stallion of a lover therefore giving everyone else the last laugh.
Still fingers crossed.
Southeaster, do you mean your finances were easy to look after when you went bankrupt because there simply wasn't any money to look after?

Pete

southeast-isher

gregorach wrote:Because I'm selfish and lazy. And probably a bit bitter too... It was kind of a joke actually. ;)
haha no it's fine, i am the same lol

southeast-isher

Skippy wrote:Southeaster, do you mean your finances were easy to look after when you went bankrupt because there simply wasn't any money to look after?

Pete
I mean starting afresh, a clean slate, gave me the motivation to never get in that situation again plus (thankfully) i'm now not allowed to borrow any money i'm guessing.

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

Skippy it was certainly meant as a compliment. A lot of couples say they have the normal arguments that everyone does but I think they are unaware that there are many couples who are happy together and don't argue.

They don't have any less problems than anyone else they just deal with them differently and in my opinion better. I know many people who love very very much but just don't know how to show it and I believe this is when a lot of problems arise.

Your post gave the impression of a vey laid back approach with love and understanding. I could be totally wrong of course, I know nothing about you! But I was certainly trying to be complimentary :iconbiggrin:

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I would say yes, younger people in general are poorer at managing money, were neither taught too or encouraged too, but in relationships it does seem to be the guys who are less responsible.

I think they find it difficult to lose the habits of a high disposable income while living at home when they move in with their girlfriends, still continuing to buy the most expensive internet, xbox live, weekly cinema tickets, graphic novels, various electronic stuff, 2-3 blu rays or games a month and food on the go. Where as a lot of women (especially the sort who want long term relationship and mortgages) are planning for a family and the financial security needed for one in their heads even from very early on so are viewing the money as more of a long term resource.

Huge generalizations I know but seems to be applicable to most couple my age.

oldjerry

ajs88 wrote:I would say yes, younger people in general are poorer at managing money, were neither taught too or encouraged too, but in relationships it does seem to be the guys who are less responsible.

I think they find it difficult to lose the habits of a high disposable income while living at home when they move in with their girlfriends, still continuing to buy the most expensive internet, xbox live, weekly cinema tickets, graphic novels, various electronic stuff, 2-3 blu rays or games a month and food on the go. Where as a lot of women (especially the sort who want long term relationship and mortgages) are planning for a family and the financial security needed for one in their heads even from very early on so are viewing the money as more of a long term resource.

Huge generalizations I know but seems to be applicable to most couple my age.

Well!! Where to start? ...Can't be bothered,but would point out that these complete wastes of space are going to be the people paying your pension.

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

If I ask any guys my age what there doing for a pension the most common reply is we'll have robots by then that will go to work us, not realising that were the robots that go to work for someone else