I'm fed up!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Well done MMM for getting outside. I do hope your foot heals soon.

Zoe

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Wormella wrote:Your could start knitting things for winter. I'm sure it will be scarf time soon enough!!
that's it, give her the potential for repetitive strain too...!!!

hope you are on both feet soon mmm.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

ina

Millymollymandy wrote:Am going to go back to the doctor because I think I must have damaged the tendons/ligaments or something.
Glad to hear you are getting better. I thought - and still think - I must have damaged something like that last year, too, when I had my little accident in the bathroom... More than a year later, and my leg still isn't right. No pain, and I can do almost everything I want to, but it tires very easily, still feels a bit numb, and I definitely can't run, even a few steps... Make sure the doc takes you seriously and does everything to let you get the proper use of your foot back! It took 4 months here to get a pitiful session of physiotherapy...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Millymollymandy

I can't run at all either - that's due to the previous fall from a horse right onto one buttock! It jars when I run. But then again I don't normally run! :lol:

I saw my own doctor yesterday who said that the swelling and bruising was quite normal for a fracture and that the blood (and therefore swelling) sinks to the lowest point which for me is mostly the ball of my foot and toes. The swelling around my ankles is getting better.

So in another week I can start to put a bit of weight on my heel whilst still using the crutches and it should take another 4 weeks or so to get better. :(

He did then go on to say there are some cases where the swelling doesn't go away at all and there isn't much they can do apart from some injections but I got a bit lost with the French/medical speak at that point. Just hope that doesn't happen!!!

Anyway in a way I wish I hadn't gone outside at the weekend because the bloody harvest mites (or something) attacked me and now my legs are covered in bites. :angryfire:

Ina I'm sorry you are having problems with your leg.

Shirley

Glad to hear that you are getting out and about a wee bit M3.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Ina for coming over to help me while I was at the worst with my neck pain - as she said, she didn't think twice about driving for more than an hour to come over here and help me - it's greatly appreciated.

I'm now MUCH better - still sore a bit from time to time but nothing like the pain I was in. I'm taking turmeric and I think that helps, and on Saturday I had an impromptu reiki session from Pauline... WOW that was amazing. I've NEVER felt so deeply relaxed in my life and when she'd finished I was completely without pain and without tingle. She did say that one session wouldn't last... and it did come back but will be hoping to have more reiki shortly.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Millymollymandy

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better Shirlz. It is so frustrating isn't it, especially at this time of the year when there is so much going on in the garden. Like weeds! For me the worst is not being able to cook interesting things with the produce which is now, finally, producing reasonably well, or picking blackberries or making things with plums. Oh well there's always next year and I'm well stocked up with jams and pickles from last year.

It was lovely of Ina to come and help you. You know who your friends are - not a single 'friend' here has offered any help whatsoever, :angryfire: apart from the lady who lent me the crutches.

ina

Calm down, folks - you are getting me all embarrassed... :oops:

MMM - I don't normally run, either - it's just that sometimes it's good to be quick off the mark when you are trying to catch a lamb or so!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

yugogypsy

I'm Fed up

Knox gelatin if you're not vegetarian, 1 envelope in a glass of tomato or orange juice will help take out the swelling and bruising, use a comfrey poultice if you've got a dressing-if you've got a cast wait until it comes off, then poultice by pouring boiling water over comfrey leaves and letting them wilt, and cool slightly then put under your dressing.

Lois

PS-at least its your foot-last time I came off a horse it was my head! :shock:

Millymollymandy

No comfrey round here and I don't have any idea what Knox Gelatine is! I don't think (ordinary) gelatine is available in France.

Hope your head didn't swell up to twice it's normal size Lois! :wink: :wink:

yugogypsy

I'm fed up

Knox gelatin is plain gelatine, and you should be able to get some sort of the same thing over tgere.

No my head didn't swell :wink: -just got a concussion and burst blood vessel floaties in my left eye.

Lois

Millymollymandy

Was that with a hard hat on or not? I know people don't tend to wear protective hats in the US but I don't know about in Canada. Mind you, most French people don't wear anything to protect their heads either. More fool them!

yugogypsy

I'm fed up

Without my hardhat I'm afraid and my horse nicked the corner of my head trying to get over me, luckily no hind shoes or I wouldn't be here.

Lois