Any home edders out there?

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Any home edders out there?

I remember being at school and having a boy sat next to me who needed an assistant (I'm not sure why, I never asked). She sat with him and had to explain everything the teacher said and then proceeded to give him the answers to any questions. This was ok...Until the woman kept prodding me and saying 'Are you ok, are you alright' when I was trying to work. Maybe it would be better to have the students who need help in a separate class. Then they and their assistants can work together without disturbing others, and they can get the one to one they need. This would also help the teacher in the other classes to teach their students in a different fashion because they don't have to make sure that the assistants are keeping up, or that the special needs students are feeling overwhelmed.

Erm I think we used to call these "Special schools" or classes.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any home edders out there?

We did, you're right., The problem is that that label became stigmatised when it shouldn't have been. The problem is that now the special classes have been integrated with the mainstream classes. The teachers are not always taught how to cope with special children (is that un-pc?!) so they can't help them and the mainstream children at the same time.