RE-USE OF WASTE,I CAN? CAN YOU?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, I hope you find my 4 new photo pages of interest to you involving Age Concern and the Environment on my website, which I've just made spaces for on my menue.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
Last edited by john on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :( Hi ALL, today is the 9-11-2007 ( 9-11 ) I do hope and pray that today is not the day we loose thousands of lives in the UK due to the forcast of wide spread flooding, caused by a tidal wave surge. John. J.R.P.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

John wrote::mrgreen: :( Hi ALL, today is the 9-11-2007 ( 9-11 ) I do hope and pray that today is not the day we loose thousands of lives in the UK due to the forcast of wide spread flooding, caused by a tidal wave surge. John. J.R.P.

:mrgreen: Hi All again, good news, as today I would like to think, by sharing my thoughts with all of you on the internet, I believe my prayers were answered by having NO lives lost in the UK, due to flooding, which could have happened if the water had got much higher. This time I believe we were ready, next time could be the real thing, so we must be ready for it againat at any time, here and in the rest of the world. May we all live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi ALL, CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE NOTE, of a programme on next Monday the 3rd DECEMBER CHANNEL 4 TV ( DISPATCHES ) at 9pm, as it's all to do with being flooded in the UK, which I think we should all watch as it could help to save our lives in some way, as water levels raise. I know I want to know more, how about you, even though every one of us, good or bad is going to die at some time anyway. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, when I'm sorry to say dying is a fact of life.. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, I've found a webite showing some plans of elevated home designs, which I would like to see built on all our flood plains, to help save lives by law, now and in the future, which you might like to tell others about if they are involved in building homes in anyway on a flood plain, now and in the future, for example the Thames Gateway. It's www.allhouseplans.com/house-plans-charleston.html . Ofcourse we will build them to what we like to see in the UK. Plus I've found a website that's done some tests all about elevated homes, and those which are not, which comes up good on insurance, and value too in flood risk areas, which I think you should also like to know about if you are buying a house or building. It's Snoqualmie Reconneissance Study, I believe everyone who knowingly says it's ok to build on land that has a high risk of flooding, and they go a head and do it, and lives are lost, should be held accountable of premeditated murder, with no ifs or buts. Yes, if we need to build on the land then we must do so, but what I can't understand is why we choose to build on land that can be flooded easly in the first place, when say cows or sheep could graze's on it, leaving fields to build home on with less chances of major flooding, with every way possible for this not to happen built in by design to save the loss of any life. Which I hope Mondays TV channel4 programme is all about to do with flooding. May you and yours and what we grow live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:? Hi ALL, what a crazy world we live in when Antony Barnett at Channel 4 TV has to tell us the way it is regarding FLOODING, and Baroness Young says she doing her best to sort things out. I say it all comes down to money being spent on something she or any one else won't get a return on in the way of profit, just like my New reuse of waste ideas to help save lives, and help to reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites in the UK, and in the rest of the world.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :( Hi ALL, VERY SAD NEWS for me, after me getting a long awaited reply from Miss Ann Widdecombe. It's turns out after many years of trying to get my life saving ideas used, at last some one on behalf of the lovely lady has taken the time to tell me the reason why I haven't found any one in power to champion my cause. It's all to do with being bound by a very strict Parliamentary Convention, which forbids Members of Parliament from entering into detailed correspondence with, or making representations on behalf of, other Member's constituents, therefore Miss Ann Widdecombe is like every one else who has a say in runnings the UK, they are regretably unable to write to me in any detail, as she and others must simply abide by the rules. So it all comes down to that old saying, it's not what you know, it's who you know, even though my own local Labour MP was once the head of recycling in GREENWICH SE10.
What a crazy world we live in, when you can contact some people to help you, who could change your life without actually knowing you, yet can not be held accountable for their action to you. Plus they say it's good to talk to anyone, especially your Member of Parliament who is in (POWER) to represent you and others. It does seam to me after all my years of trying, money does talk in any language, but not when something is made for FREE, to help reduce some of our waste, and save lives too.
The saddest part about me wasting my time on this earth is, I'm begining to think it's because I'm white, and English and living in Great Britain that I'm getting no help, even though I'm trying to help solve 2 world problems for next to nothing, and more. What more can one man offer to do without help from others, when so many people say why bother to help others, when you might not ever know them, and tell me my ideas won't work too, yes I agree every one has the right to have an opinion about my ideas, but at least try them out first before telling me they won't work for some reason, and can prove it...
What I would of liked is, to put the song FEED THE WORLD on to my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com after us buying it to help promote my way of doing things, but I can't because I would have topay Sir Bob Geldof copy rights money to do so? which is a shame especially as its to do with Christmas, and feeding the poor too.
With this in mind may I be one of the first to wish you and yours and every one else in the world a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 too. John.J.R.P. :lol: :cheers: :drunken:
too.

hedgewizard
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

John, all royalties from the song go to the Band Aid Trust in perpetuity - so if you want to use it speak to them!
http://www.farminmypocket.co.uk - polytunnel offers, reviews, and more self-sufficiency information than you can shake a chicken at

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

hedgewizard wrote:John, all royalties from the song go to the Band Aid Trust in perpetuity - so if you want to use it speak to them!
:mrgreen: Thank you for trying to help me, I've taken your advice and I've asked Mr Joe Cannon, Band Aid to help me, to help them Promote FEEDING THE POOR with the help of others, like you and me.
May I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2008 too. John.J.R.P. :mrgreen: :lol: :cheers: :drunken: :pale:
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, what a crazy world we live in, when on the Dragons Den TV programme they gave £50,000 towards a transportable water purification system, which will be sold at around £20 a time to all the charities who are involved in saving lives.
May I point out to you all that my vertical water recycling system can do the same thing by design, simply done by adding some sort of filter, Like sand or rages or both, in to the container you would remove each time, you use to put compost in, to then grow something in to eat now, which cost next to nothing to make. and I'm offering it to the world for FREE. I say anything that helps to save lives should be tried, because it's got to be worth it, not just in money terms. I do hope the poor people this system was designed for are able to use it in their every day life, like mine, made from rubbish, especially as it only works when the wheels go round by design.. If you want to know more about the way I would do things please ask, especially if you are a charity thinking about buying these with our money, even though it's a good idea, I can see lots of problem, for example, a lot of moving fluid weight on 2 none repairable wheel, we are talking 50 litres on a uneven surface being pulled for miles every day it's used, by poor starving weak people who are also dying of dirty contaminated water, or no water at all. Come on you money people why not run a pipe line from where ever to where ever with fresh drinking water inside it, and name it after you, or your company. knowing in return you will help to save lots of lives, which is more in value than you will ever own. Water means life, what ever way you look at it. Some people think I'm mad, or just plain stupid, when I put forward an idea, but to them I say.
May you and yours and all those who think I'm not mad or stupid live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, this website www.inhabitat.com takes gardening and recycling to a different hight, it also saves space too. Happy New Year.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, today the 23-1-2008 we had our waste collected, using the New collection system in GREENwich. Which is now our GREEN BIN is used for FOOD and GARDEN WASTE ONLY, which they are going to collect WEEKLY, and our BLUE TOP BIN can take a mix of CANs, CARDBOARD, GLASS, PLASTIC, and PAPER and CORRUGATED CARDBOARD too, all in one go, which will be collected WEEKLY, and if we have LEFT-OVERs like POLYSTYRENE, or DOG or CAT EXCREMENT, SANITARY TOWELs and INCONTINENCE PADs, COLD COAL and WOOD EMBERS, they must be all put in a SEALED BAG, any VACUUM CLEANER WASTE, CIGARETTE ENDs, COTTON WOOL PADs and BUDs and MAKE-UP WIPEs, COAT HANGERS, and BROKEN CROCKERY, which must be wrapped to avoid any injury to the dustman mainly, all these we are told to put in BLACK PLASTIC SACKs to be collected FORTNIGHTLY from now on. WHY! Why should we wait two weeks for it to be collected, when it could be all collected on the same day, and in another WHEELIE BIN say with a RED TOP. Plus we are being asked to pay for BAGs, GARDEN SACKs, CADDY LINERs when we as council tax payer already pay for every thing. This I pointed out to all the people who were present at our local COLDHARBOUR Estate NEIGHBOURHOOD PANEL MEETING, which had a man frow GREENWICH COUNCIL there talking about GREENWICH's New way of collecting our waste, and the ways they are going to RECYCLE and REUSE it to help to REDUCE it going to landfill sites, with the help of us all doing our bit. They say the money making side of things it's to improve their services for us, IN WHAT WAY! We have just paid for a New Council Materials Recycling Facility which Automatically sorts the Paper, Cans and Bottles and packs them into bales. yet we are being asked to seprate most things WHY! even though I don't mind doing it if it helps, but come on atleast supply us with the things we need, without us having to pay for it, even though some people don't mind doing that too, but that's their choice when they are being told we must all buy things to help the Council keep where we live looking clean and tidy, and free from Waste. If our Greenwich Council wants to show the best way to deal with its waste, its got to do more for us, and in return I'm sure we will all DO OUR BIT, like I am, in my own way as my website will show, and in some of my ideas I have put forward, which I believe are a bit outside the box ways of thinking. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts. I hope you all have a Happy New Year 2008, and may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, I'm sorry if you can't get your head round my post, the main points I'm trying to make are, Yes it's a new system which is great, but WHY use black bags, when they could have given us another bin, say with a red top to put them in, instead of us having to put the black bags down by the side of our two other bins until they are collected fortnightly, making the area where we live look like a dump. When we have three new waste collecting lorries which did come round on the 23-1-2008, 1 at 6am, another at about 10am, and anther one at about 2pm, all on the same day. The point I'm trying to make is if they can do it one week, on one day, then why can they do it like that every week. If you would like to visit the Council website which cover everything I've been talking about in the way of info it's. Home Page is ok,www.greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwhich/YourEnv ... cling/Recy... John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, I say what we need is a WASTE REVOLUTION in the UK, to take place now, because I believe we need to think and handle all our waste as a asset, and at no time should it go to landfill sites. I'm sure every thing we produce can be reused again in one way or another, but I believe because there is so much money involved which comes from our Council tax or Rents, which can be spent by people who are not really accountable for their actions on behalf of the people who actually pay the BILL, which is most of us at the end of the day, Governed by just a few people who all have their own ideas on how to deal with our waste PROBLEMs, with a end result of some Councils are doing a good job, and some are not, even our own Greenwich Council has started a New collection Service, but they are leaving it to the people to sort it out as time goes on, rather than having every thing in place before they started, for example not having enough blue top wheelie bins, or bin liners.
With this in mind I'm now in the position of being The Voice of our Coldharbour Estate, SE9, C.T.R.A. Waste and Recycling Team, which I intend to use, to help REDUCE as much of our waste as I can going to our landfill sites, with the help of others living on our estate, and with the backing of our Greenwich Council I know we can make a BIG difference, simply done by us all working together to help SOLVE any PROBLEMs, that's not going to go away over night, but with some of my outside the box ideas I will be putting forward to every one, we could change the way we do things over night, if used.
May be you want to be a voice for your estate too, and join me in my REVOLUTIONARY thoughts.
For example below is a copy of a C.T.R.A. Coldharbour, Tenants, Residents, Association, meeting paper I gave to our Greenwich Council representatives, to help me know more in the way of 20 questions. What I want at the end of the day is a service that's good value for money, and it deals with our waste as a asset not to be thrown away, but REUSED, I have so many ideas on how to make this come about, but only time will tell if I've been wasting my time or not, so I invite every one to watch this space, as you might find it of interest to you, as I try to change lots of things in my own way, with the help of others, now that I'm in the SYSTEM.
Power to the people who are doing their bit, in their own way all over the world to save our planet for future generations to come.

C.T.R.A. meeting held on the 27th February 2008, is where people living on our Coldharbour Estate SE9 can have their say, and it will be acted upon in the future.
Here are some questions I would like answers to in regards to our New waste collection service started on Wednesday 21st of January 2008.
(1) Will our Greenwich Council Tax be going up tp pay for it?
(2) How much does it cost to deal with one GREEN TOP WHEELIE BIN?
(3) How much does it cost to deal with one BlUE TOP WHEELIE BIN?
(4) How much does it cost to deal with one Black Bag?
(5) How much does it cost to deal with one DAYs WASTE?
(6) How much does it cost to deal with one WEEKs WASTE?
(7) How much does it cost each person living on our Coldharbour Estate to have their WASTE collected?
(8) How much does it cost each person living on our Coldharbour Estate to have their STREETs free from rubbish?
(9) How much does it cost each person Living on our Coldharbour Estate to have their LARGE waste collected?
(10) How much does it cost each person living on our Coldharbour Estate to have their CONTAMINATED Wheelie bin dealt with?
(11) How much waste does our Coldharbour Estate produce over all?
(12) How much waste has been put into the GREEN TOP BINs and collected?
(13) How much waste has been put into the BLUE TOP BINs and collected?
(14) How much waste has been put into the BLACK BAGs and collected?
(15) How much waste has been put into the wrong PLASTIC CONTAINERs and collected?
(16) How much of our waste goes to landfill sites?
(17) How much of our waste gets REUSED?
(18) How much of our waste gets RECYCLED?
(19) How much would it cost to supply each person who has a WHEELIE BIN, with a Large Clear Bin LINER?
(20) How much would it cost to have our own Coldharbour Recycling Bank?
These are just some of the questions I will be asking The Greenwich Council waste representatives to night.

Which did turn out to be a very good presentation by our Greenwich Council Waste Service People, which I'm sure you could get arranged to where you live if you try.
Did you know if you are a home owner living in Greenwich you are charged £4 a item to have your bulk waste taken away, but if you are a Council Tenant you are not charged, This to me is DISCRIMINATION between peoples waste, and I've accused Greenwich Council and others of it. and I've said I want this to stop straight away or there's going to be a Big PROBLEM in the future, as we own our own house like so many others do, and we pay our Council Tax to cover this already, so WHY should we pay more to have the same type of waste removed?
These are some more of my ideas I'm putting forward.
We must do away with using Black Bags to help prevent people CONTAMINATATING their waste before it goes into the back of the waste collecting lorry.
We must have FREE BIN LINERS, and BAGs.
We must have enough Wheelie Bins for what we throw away.
We must have Free bulk household waste collection.
We must have all our wheelie bins made from clear recycled plastic.
We must have one way of dealing with our waste, to cover the whole of the UK.
We must all try to do our bit in a positive way to reuse and recycle our waste starting from a early age.
We must get our waste PROBLEMs sorted out as soon as possible, otherwise we are going to have a BIG PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE. John.J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, our GREENWICH COUNCIL Waste Management is RUBBISH at dealing with our rubbish, I say this after trying to get our waste delt with in a posative way, to help reduce it going to landfill sites from our Coldharbour Estate SE9, done by trying to make sure every one has a Blue Top Wheelie Bin to use, to help recycle more, and to help reduce the risk of CONTAMINATION, which does happen if some people have only a Green Top Wheelie Bin to use.
I believe this could have all been sorted out years ago, if the Council had said to every one living in a Council House or their own homes, that we must all have a Green Top Wheelie bin supplied by the Council, to use for just food and Garden waste only, with some paper in them for food to be wrapped up in, and they should have also said that we must all have a Blue Top Wheelie bin supplied by the Council to, for what ever else can be reused or recycled, and then maybe adding another one later to cover what ever else was left.
But no they decided to start a New collection service this year, already knowing they would not be able to cope with what should have been already in place, which was Blue Top Wheelie Bins, and clear recycling bags, and a nappy service as promise, and a Management Team of people who actually new what to do.
I have spoken to a lot of our dustmen and people living on our estate, and they say the Greenwich Council Waste Management have not got a clue, they sit in their offices giving out work to be done by each man, not knowing about the job them selves, which of course they will claim is not the case, and saying we will sort things in the future.
For example when someone has taken the time to phone in to tell them they want a Blue Top Wheelie bin to use for example, they get told, they will get one A S P, which could take nearly a year going by some of the people I've spoken to, as each one is dealt with as they are entered down on the list to be ordered. So what happens is someone might want one in Eltham, someone might want one in Woolwich, someone might want one Greenwich, Someone might want one in New Eltham, then someone might want one in Lewisham, and so on, what then happens is a vehicle then travels from one house to another in that order until each one is delivered, that's why its's taking so long, instead of doing a bulk delievery when they have enough to fill one lorry brought in from Germany, to cover a lot more people in one go, who are living in a certain area, and then move on to the next one until we all have our bins to use as a way of life, instead of some Councils supplying boxes,bags,sacks which all have to be picked up at some time with what ever weight they have inside them, where as if we all had the same type of wheelie bin no matter where we lived, this I believe would cut down on our dustmen being injured trying to do their job, oked by someone who's working in a office who has more than likely never done the same job them selves.
Once upon time the dust men worked a job and knock system, and made sure that all our rubbish was removed, as they were seen to be doing a good job if no one complained. But now they have to work certain hours to make the management system work, which is clearly coursing lots of PROBLEMS as they believe the management have not got a clue in the best way to run such an important service. For example did you know if someone wants to change their large wheelie bin for a smaller one, their old wheelie bin is destroyed because it's been used before, and they would rather buy a brand new one instead of giving it to someone else to use, to help keep down cost.
Did you know for years the Greenwich Council accounts department has not been charging some businesses, and schools for example for collecting their rubbish, which they should have, but when they tell the people that they must start to pay now, most of them don't, and they change to a private contractor to do the same job for some reason. So even more money has been missmanaged for years, and no one will be held accountable for it, as it's only our money they are manageing which makes no profit, even though they get everything for free paid for in one way or another by us. I have heard that they are now starting to paint some Green Top Wheelie Bin lids Black to use, I wonder if this is to put the black sacks in to replace us leaving the black sacks out, which then have to be picked up each time not knowing what's in them. Apart from that we are still waiting for about 100 Blue Top Wheelie Bins to cover our estate, which is getting on for three months now since they were ordered by me and others to help solve our recycling PROBLEM. I was told that Bexley waste management has got a system where their peoples waste day is collected with in half an hour of each other, not taking all day like ours, and more when contractor lorrys come round to pick up what the dustmen wont take, because it's been contaminated in some way, which is when people usually put stuff in either bins in black bags, instead of waiting until the righ day for them to be collected, which is once a fortnight where we live in Greenwich at the moment.
I can't wait until the next public meeting of Councillors and MPs, and Waste Management, and C.T.R.A. members to talk about things that concern us in one way or another.
too.