Grants for installing central heating - petition

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Grants for installing central heating - petition

Hi folks

A friend of mine has been investigating getting a central heating boiler installed. What she wants is a wood pellet boiler. However, the only type she can get a grant for is oil or gas. So however much the Environment Agency insist they're being "environmentally sound", it's fossil fuels or nothing.

So she's set up a petition at http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/notofossilfuels/ for anyone who has an interest in this.

Many thanks
Lynne

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Grants for installing central heating - petition

I've seen this thread on another forum. It seems that the person who applied for the grant applied to a company that supplies only grants for gas electricity and oil. As was pointed out there - there are other grants available that are more appropriate to your friends needs. Try this http://www.lowcarbonbuildings.org.uk/home/
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thanks for the link. Very interesting stuff. However, in this case, she contacted DEFRA and was told she could not get a grant for anything other than oil or gas. Hence the petition. Still, what DEFRA have told her doesn't seem to be the same as what's on the site. So as I said, thanks for that. I'll pass it on.
Lynne

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sorry. To add to this, the maximum grant for the biomass boiler is apparently £600, as compared to the full cost for a fossil fuel boiler.