Local eco shop closed

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
missy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Local eco shop closed

went to our local eco shop, at wendover, a few days ago and as i approached the front door there was a notice from bailiffs saying it was shut down.. such a pity.

not sure where else i can take my 10 litre bottles for the ecover washing up liquid and fabric conditioner to be refilled now, or where to get the faith in nature shampoo.

i know that there are places online, but that place was handy. used to pop in if we were over that way

sign of the times as they say :(
Missy
photographer and mother of 3
http://missysx.blogspot.com/

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Local eco shop closed

That's really sad. I annoys me that it's so hard to buy the decent products we like to buy yet we can buy as much carp as we (don't)want! There is an eco shop in our nearest town but it's product range is very limited - other than that we have to travel 26 miles to another one - not good for the carbon foot print! That said Oxfam seem to be stocking Faith in Nature and Bio D products, but only the smaller quantities - it is a start tho. Other than that I'm afraid it's on line shopping for us.
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Flo

Re: Local eco shop closed

A sad thing when the bailiffs go in - that means lack of turnover to pay bills rather than lack of willing to trade. It does no good for the owners and staff nor the customers.

I suspect that people think that environmentally friendly products are just too expensive. Tis a fib as I find that the Faith in Nature washing up liquid goes miles. If only people looked at their wastage rather than their usage there would probably be more call for better quality green products.

However, a lot of people just want cheap and don't consider that there are more efficient ways to clean than Pound Shop products.