Monthly cycle natural/ herbal ideas?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
mrsmiggins
Tom Good
Tom Good

Monthly cycle natural/ herbal ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas for natural/ herbal things that will make a woman's monthly cycle go more smoothly?

Ron and Jean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Monthly cycle natural/ herbal ideas?

That depends which bit isn't running smoothly....

mrsmiggins
Tom Good
Tom Good

Just the usual, mood swings mainly!! :angryfire: :happy6: :sad1:

mrsmiggins
Tom Good
Tom Good

SusieGee wrote:I found oil of evening primrose oil capsules really useful
Hi Susie, I'll try that thanks! Did you take it in the morning or night? I'm wondering if it makes a difference?

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Geranium essential oil is very hormonally balancing, so helps stop some of the more excessive symptoms :lol:

Make sure it's good quality, therapeutic grade oil. Then you can put it in any of your usual body products or mix it with some nice olive oil or similar - to 10ml of oil use about 3 drops.

Use it twice a day.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Ron and Jean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Vitex agnus castus is great for balancing progesterone in second part of the cycle. It is best taken as a low dose in the morning from ovulation to menstruation. Also avoiding what you crave helps - coffee, chocolate, cheese?!? (at least these are my pmt comfort foods). Geranium is also great as a hormonal balancer and de-stresser. I like a few drops of Rose Geranium in my bath water when I feel like that. Also using something bitter for your liver would probably help. This is the right time to make dandelion root coffee. Dig the roots up from a place where there have been no chemicals used on the ground. Scrub with a nail brush, cut into half centimeter (or smaller) chunks, and leave to dry on a baking tray somewhere warm. Once dry bake in the oven on a lowish heat till they start to go brown then place in a jar. To make coffee boil a tsp in a pan with cardamoms, ginger, cinnamon or whatever takes your fancy, sit back and enjoy. (This also works wonders as a hang over cure!)

Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Evening Primrose Oil capsules work for me too. I'm not much good at taking things regularly, but I have found that when I find myself in a right stinking mood and think the sole reason for everyone else's existence is to annoy me, if I take a capsule I soon calm down enough. I tried taking them daily, and stuck at it for a couple of months and yes, it was better, because the bad mood didn't happen. Prevention rather than cure. But, when I'm feeling fine, I forget to take them. :roll:
Rosey xx

sleepyowl

Rosemary oil regulates periods, whether they be heavy or scanty & is also good for PMS. Dilute a couple of drops into a base oil like grapeseed or sweet almond. (do not use if you have epileptic tendencies)
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/