Dogs - again!

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Merlinn
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Dogs - again!

Hi

I live in the Limousin in France. We have a very old stone house and also a stone courtyard. We have 2 dogs, one of whom is a 20 year old labrador!! The dogs pee quite often in the courtyard and the only thing I can use to get rid of the smell is bleach. I use the bleach very sparingly - but I would prefer to use something else that is enviromentally friendly.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to bleach? The weather has been very hot here in the past few weeks - sometimes up to 40 degrees, and it can get quite whiffy in the courtyard - which is a sun trap!

Any advice would be most welcome

Regards

Merlinn

madanna
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hello

Soda crystals mixed with hot water or bicarb mixed with hot water both remove smells (great on drains too)

A solution with tea tree which is an antibac, or after you cleaned with above any nice essential oil to replace the smell - grapefruit is good, as is citronella with the bonus that both repel fleas/flies/midges and the like!

Lemon juice is a powerful cleaner as is white vinegar...

Anna x :flower:

Merlinn
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Dogs - again

Many thanks for the advice. Sounds a great deal better than using bleach.

Regards

Merlinn

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

TWENTY years old labrador WOW..

ours is almost 1 year old....

NOT jealous of your suntrap in France... noo... not at all :mrgreen:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/