Baby Carrier

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wear her on your front, E likes being smuggled inside my coat when it is 'orrible outside... share body heat too... very cosy
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

shae
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

The Jan Andrea site is wonderful for all things baby wearing. I've made several ring slings using her pattern.
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Great job MrsF!

I made a mei-tai from one of the patterns on the link thats just been posted when Beth was smaller. I have also made one of the ones like MrsF has made for her once she has a bit bigger and it was fine when she was about the 2st mark, must admit haven't tried since she went over that! Mostly because I am only little and she is tall for her age (she is almost 2 1/2 but in a lot of 3-4yr clothes) and she feels huge to carry now, her height is more of an issue now than her weight really.

There is a baby in Lerwick who looks very happy being carried in one of these - http://www.kari-me.com/?gclid=CIiU1YOzq ... QgodiBVKoQ - which I assume is roughly similar to the one I made (and the one MrsF made), but she seems to have all the different carrying options sussed for if the baby is asleep etc.

Here she was in the mei-tai when she was about 1. She is looking a bit awkward as she was after the camera but she was very happy in it.

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

aww, she's only looking awkward 'cos she's going for your camera lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

wow i am very impressed with your handmade baby carriers. i love baby wearing and am into brightly coloured woven wraps but i buy them (second hand). i did make a mama jacket style babywearing coat with a zip on the front and back and a fleece insert. dont have a pic handy but can take one if anyone is interested?
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I'd be interested. I have a pregnant friend I'm planning to pass my meitai on to, she'd love a coat to go with it!!

Soph and I wore our carrier again today. She's getting too tall for it :( but she's still so happy in it.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!