Advice/help with on the move mobile broadband

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

Advice/help with on the move mobile broadband

as above, i have just got onto mobile broadband vodaphone, i wass told that it is a standard service in my area, which is in the north aberdeenshire region, unfortunately its running really sloww, 15 secs or so between pages, and when it was down loading the avg virus thing, it was downloading at 2.9 kbs per second, which is not good it took 6 hours maybe even longer.
anyway ive got a week to send it back, but in the mean time is there anyone who can offer any sort of advice, maybe your on mobile broadband yourself and find a particular server good, or one that is terrible, or maybe know of someone else on it. thanks in advance, mike
When the rain falls it doesn't fall on one mans house.

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Advice/help with on the move mobile broadband

I don't know much about the mobile broadband, but have just had a look at the Vodafone site and it suggests that you might get variable coverage in your area. (Not sure exactly where you are but just looked in Turriff area - is that right?) - http://maps.vodafone.co.uk/coverageview ... fault.aspx - if you go to Aberdeen (or areas coloured in red) you'll be able to make full use of the 3G services.

Standard service is supposed to give :
Standard Services

Our extensive 2G network covers 99.7% of the population - allowing you to make and receive calls, send text and picture messages and access mobile email across the UK.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

also, someone suggested to me that as its a new lap top, there maybe a speed download thing that can be adjusted / set,
does anyone know anything about this sort of thing :?: :?

Shirley

How are you connecting? Via a mobile phone or via a broadband modem/router?
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Smooth Hound
Living the good life
Living the good life

ive got a stick for the usb, its a vodaphone one