Bloody fireworks

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bloody fireworks

I am at this moment sitting with a trembling poodle (sitting ON a trembling poodle) because the local council have decided it would be a good idea to mark the village festival (which they have marked in no other way) by exploding a host of very loud fireworks. If it goes beyond the legal limit of 11 pm, I swear I'm going to shop the stupid bastards.

WHY OH WHY!!!!!!!! do people think that frightening every animal within earshot by making loud bangs is in any way clever, attractive, sensible, anythingelseible? I despair.

Rant over.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Bloody fireworks

You should try living here! I´m moving out in August I swear.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Shirley

I hate fireworks - what a stupid waste of money by your council. I would complain... fireworks at any time of the year are to me a waste and add to pollution... but to wait until it's dark enough to let them off in the middle of summer means that it will be making noise at a late hour and thus disturbing the peace.

I hope your poodle settles down quickly - poor thing.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm - all has gone quiet, just on the cusp of legality. The Chairman of the Council lives next door. Tomorrow, I'm going to let the poodle chase his precious ginger cat. It's a nice cat (apart from murdering our voles) but I think there's a principle involved here. I'll make sure that the dog's in before 11 pm and then let him try to find his terrified feline. Would the message get across if I did that? Not a chance, because I never would. Nuff said.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

marshlander

Oh dear, I rather like the village bonfire on 5th November. The local fire brigade put it on at the primary school to raise funds. We make sure the cats ar tucked up inside first of course.

I get upset with the idiots who think it's fun to let off fireworks in the street.
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

tim&fatima

Nice rant MK, totally agree.
It's nice to be important,
But it's more important to be nice.

AXJ

Hear what you're saying there MKG. We get a lot of them in these parts, but bizzarely they are normally during the day time. Also everytime the local team scores a goal of it is an important game. Found Britain much worse in the night time. Used to live next door to an open air concert bowl, which had them every weekend at the end of the concert. Mind I got a live classical music concert in the evening first from the comfort of my own garden LoL

Let the dog out definately :rr:

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

fireworks not my favorite things at all,if only they were kept for once ayear and organised displays only.