Brighton Allotments Threat: letter writing support requested

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Horsedean

Brighton Allotments Threat: letter writing support requested

In Brighton 36 allotments and 6 family homes are in danger of being bulldozed to make way for a park & ride facility that no one wants, displacing local people so that non residents can park their cars. Those effected only heard about the proposal via an article in the local paper, 7 days before it was being voted on.

If anyone has any documentation, links, or other information that may help us in our fight to save the allotments please share.

We really need your support, the words 'done deal' are frequently being heard :-/

Please take a few minutes to write to our local paper 'The Argus'. You can do so easily online here: http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/new ... he_editor/

By email to the editor: pat.lewis@theargus.co.uk

Or by snail mail to:

The Argus
Argus House, Crowhurst Road,
Hollingbury, Brighton BN1 8AR

If you are happy to have your comments added to the local community website in support of saving our alllotments than please email me a copy of your message info@timeistight.co.uk

Thanks again, Sharon
http://www.timeistight.co.uk/PCF/national.htm

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would be mortified if I was told that my allotment was going to become a park and ride car park. (essentially thats all park and rides are a car park and a bus stop.)

Perhaps if we could write a letter from everyone who comes to this forum and send it off we could be of some help. Please state below if you would like your name added to a letter(petition) and I will sort something out!

Andy
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Horsdean
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Letters & Petitions

Thanks for your offer of help. We'll certainly be asking as many people as possible to write to the Policy and Resources Committee when they are due to have the next vote. When that is we have no idea, it depends when the detailed reports are ready, which could be as soon as 2 months off, or as long as 12 months.

In the mean time please use the link above to give the local paper a piece of your mind.

They say petitions count for little these days but I disagree (as long as people don't choose to sign a petition 'instead' of writing a letter). I think we need to register all the support we have in whatever way possible..and presenting a petition is always a good publicity opportunity.

Gav from Dav

Stick my name down.