Crochet lace necklace

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Crochet lace necklace

I made this for my friend Katie. she's coming over toniight. we've been mates through thick and thin since 2002, and lost contact briefly while her ex was systematically trying to break down all her friendships.
you can't get rid of flibble that easily!!

Katie has been through one hell of a lot over the past two years, she escaped a violent marriage with the help of a wonderful mutual friend who she then fell for. they've had a baby, are happy and living together and she's still waiting for her divorce to be finalised. As soon as it is, they'll begin planning their wedding.

I've made her a necklace. I used a Queen Anne's Lace crochet pattern from ravelry, a 0.6mm hook and upholstry thread to make the lace. I've used real freshwater pearls for longevity and health, and added a single jet bead.

Jet is firstly made from fossilised wood, so she's still got the natural edge there. also it's said to hve protective properties against illness, bad "vibes" and above all, violence. It's the single black bead, and without it all the beaing would fall off the necklace. without the single black mark on her life, she'd not have fallen for the wonderful and loving companion she has now. so the jet bead signifies one hell of a lot lol!! (btw, she's also pagan)

I've made the back extendable, and the hook can be on the left or right. she has cerebral palsey and can't use her right hand side very well, (yes, she's the one I made the wheelchair friendly dog carrier for) I wanted her to be able to do it up herself, or be able to have her other half help if needed.

I've got findings to make her some matching earrings too. all findings used in this are nickel free due to allergies.

oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

grannymags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Crochet lace necklace

That is so beautiful and so thoughtful.

Well done.

Maggie x

simpleminds
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I agree that is a beautiful piece that she will enjoy all the time. great job!
--------------------------
Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything. ~ Julia Child

visit my food blog at http://snagwiremedia.com

suziq
Tom Good
Tom Good

that is so lovely, both to look at and the emotion behind it

:hugish:

Graye

That is really lovely! I hope she likes it.

If you ever want a couple of pieces a "raw" jet to work into your stuff just let me know. There are lots of pieces thrown up on one of the beaches in Whitby after a storm and it's really easy to work with a small drill. It's only wood after all!

We'll be back there for the winter.
Growing old is much better then the alternative!