Learning New Skills

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Davy stephenson

Learning New Skills

Removed by author.
Last edited by Davy stephenson on Tue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cathode
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Learning New Skills

We're going to need all those old skills, definately time to start learning while we've got electric lights, plenty food etc.
if we all work together we can totally disrupt the system

contadino
Living the good life
Living the good life

With hindsight, on one hand I'd have loved to have pursued training in something useful (like engineering or medicine) when I was younger, but on the other hand if I had done I wouldn't have been able to have saved sufficient money in order to become self-sufficient.

As it was I spent several years as a management consultant (up there next to estate agent on the list of completely pointless and unfulfilling careers) but managed to save enough dosh to walk away from 'business' completely.

What I'm trying to say is, it's never as cut and dry as "learn this and you'll be fine for the future."

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Trouble is Davy that present day economy is based on things that can't be repaired, become out of date two days after you buy them and there's nowt to repair them with then or goods are designed and made with the very idea that they will not be repaired but replaced.

A couple of generations back, people were employed to do laborious jobs which are now done by machines. The result is that ever new machines need to be designed to keep people in employment, advertising is needed to keep people wanting to buy new or replace nearly new items and credit is required where people do not have enough money to instantly acquire said new goods.

And we can now see where lending to people who have no chance of repaying the debt has got us.

I doubt if it will mean that we shall be able to return to an age of repairable machines or people doing the laborious jobs manually but who knows - I could be wrong.

If I am we shall all need a lot of new "old" skills.

robert_jenkins

It's nice to know that a lot of people have been pushing efforts to make planet earth a better place. With biofuels, and all other alternative resources for energy, we might be able to curb the growing problem that is global warming and at the same time preserve the ecosystems of the world. The Earth's natural forces such as wind, hydro and solar power are limitless and effective ways to gain energy. So unless the winds stop blowing, the seas stop roaring or the sun dies out, there'll always be a place to go for energy. Kudos mother earth! We can find out more about how we can save the world and our wallets in xxxxxxxx

Edited by admin.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hi Robert - welcome to Ish. :wave:

Why don't you post in the hello section and tell us a bit about yourself.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Big Al

Nice little advert there robert, not sure about the validity of bio fuels though especially those made from cleared Amazonian land planted with crops that could feed the population but instead are used to make fuel...
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

And there was me trying diplomacy - why do I bother :lol: :lol:
Maggie

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Green Aura

And there was me trying diplomacy - why do I bother
Because you know most of us truly appriciate such skills; especially those of us who don't have them :oops:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Big Al

MuddyWitch wrote:
Green Aura

And there was me trying diplomacy - why do I bother
Because you know most of us truly appriciate such skills; especially those of us who don't have them :oops:

MW

Errr, I beg your puddin.... It's taken me years of dedicated effort to become the diplomat I am now..

I'll have you know it's not easy at all, no it's very, very, very difficult in fact. I mean I only have to look as if I'm going to open my mouth.... ESPECIALLY IN PUBLIC PLACES and my dear Mrs BA looks, scowls or even growls in my direction and I know she knows that I'm going to say something that might need her type of diplomacy....

:spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1: :spam1:
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin

I bow before your greater skill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Millymollymandy

Richie I'm going to edit out Mr Jenkin's spammy links in your posting if you don't mind! Just realised I edited it from Mr Jenkin's post but there are still there in yours. We don't want to advertise for him now do we? :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Big Al

Green Aura wrote:I bow before your greater skill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like when (particularly young) slim people stare at me, I ask if they realise that it's taken a lifetime of hard effort to get a body as bad as mine...... The soon stop staring and shuffle along on their way.....
Secret Asparagus binger

Millymollymandy

richierobins wrote:No worries.

As it was only a mickey-take, the whole post can be deleted if you like.
I'll leave it be, as he's no longer a member of this forum :iconbiggrin:

Thanks guys :thumbright:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/