Here's what I've knitted so far!

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Here's what I've knitted so far!

Some of you now know I have taken up knittng again after giving up in about 1993 :iconbiggrin: so I thought I'd show you what I've done!

First of all a jumper from a pattern - now this is full of lots of little mistakes as I literally relearnt how to cast on, increase and decrease so there are various different ways of doing this thru this jumper until I remembered how to do it properly! Also the pattern was wrong for the top of the sleeve shaping so I had to undo it and work it all out myself which was a bit of a pain. It ain't perfect but I'm happy with it. It's knitted in fair isle effect yarn which is great fun watching the patterns emerge. Much easier than Fair Isle! :lol:

There's also the hat which I've been taking about on other threads 'what size to knit' you might have noticed.
jumper and hat.jpg
jumper and hat.jpg (82.54 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Now this is inspired by/blatantly copied from Gigglybug's wonderful shawl she sent me as my Secret Santa gift. She was sensible and did hers in very chunky yarn but I used leftover yarns from a Kaffe Fasset leopard skin fair isle jacket which I knitted about a foot of and gave up in disgust about 1993 as it was so complicated! So I have tons of lovely yarns all different thicknesses from slightly thicker than DK to really fine, in wool, acrylic and silk, some of which I've knitted with two strands together, plus also I bought a ball of blue fun fur yarn just because I wanted to try it! I absolutely loved doing this as it was so much fun doing all the different colours.

This is going to be a birthday present for my mum so to my brother who I know lurks here, don't tell her!!! :iconbiggrin:
shawl1.jpg
shawl1.jpg (73.42 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
shawl2.jpg
shawl2.jpg (99.35 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Then finally I did the hat as shown in the first photo. Now I'm half way through another jumper. :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Jinwin
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Here's what I've knitted so far!

Good job, they all look great. Fair Isle effect yarn... now that is a good idea!
The shawl looks lovely - very cosy and lovely colours. Your mum is a lucky lady!

Keaniebean

How lovely are they I am very :mrgreen: , I wish I could knit but just dont have the patience, if it takes more than a few hours I loose the will to live :shock: .
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Hey MMM maybe you could knit me a jumper (I'm six three and a 4xl) with long arms and in return I could send you some KIwi tea towels :lol:
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Milims

I love the shawl MMM - I'd love to make one my self - would you be kind enough to let me have the details?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

You have been busy! Looks great. :iconbiggrin:

spider8

You've done really well MMM. I'm knitting squares to make a blanket which is about my limit due to sight problems (can't fiddle about with too much detail) but I'd love to be able to knit a jumper for my hubby - he's six foot four, long body, long arms and XL too Homegrown. It's not only not being able to see very well but I too am not very patient..........things usually end up being started, messed-up then thrown in the 'store room' :roll:
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

red

excellent :)

i particularly like the shawl (and it's not copying.. it's 'being inspired by' :icon_smile: )
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Fantastic :flower:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Wowzers! Well done :cheers:

Lovely colours :sunny:

Millymollymandy

Milims wrote:I love the shawl MMM - I'd love to make one my self - would you be kind enough to let me have the details?
I just looked hard at the one I received and realised there were no ends to sew in because the ends become the fringe :thumbright: and as long as you do your stripe change on an odd row (we did 5 rows of colour) then the ends are on alternate sides of the shawl. I just added one extra bit of yarn for the fringe where there was one missing after the cast off.

I did look at some patterns on the net but decided to do a bit of a test as I wasn't sure on the increasing, but it works on one inc at the end of every other row.

I marked my increase side with a safety pin because otherwise I just wouldn't have rememberd which row to do it on :oops: - and use a circular needle cos it gets very long! I started with two stitches, increased to three, then incr. every other row.

Many thanks to everyone for your nice words - it's this site really which has inspired me to get on and do some things other than the usual 'just jumpers and the odd cardi' that I used to do in the past!

And you lot with 6 ft 4" husbands, get in the queue cos I've got one too :iconbiggrin: and my next project when my huge internet order comes in is a big chunky jumper for him (that'll keep me quiet, he says..... :lol: )

Susie

Oh these are all lovely, well done! (And you are very quick! That jumper looks like it was knitted out of quite thin wool - I bet it looks nice on. I am slow and impatient so I always do jumpers out of chunky-ish wool and am then surprised when I look like a great big Yeti.)
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

theabsinthefairy

congrats MMM - shawl looks lovely in those colours
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Millymollymandy

Susie wrote:Oh these are all lovely, well done! (And you are very quick! That jumper looks like it was knitted out of quite thin wool - I bet it looks nice on. I am slow and impatient so I always do jumpers out of chunky-ish wool and am then surprised when I look like a great big Yeti.)
It's DK and mostly acrylic but of course when it was finished it wasn't warm enough for the weather we were having, so I have some chunky yarn including some in 100% wool on order for future cold spells! These last few weeks I have been living in my chunkiest longest jumpers (not hand knitted!) and I don't have enough of 'em. :iconbiggrin:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Good stuff MMM :thumbright:

I reckon your Mum will love her shawl.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin