Problems with blog

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

Problems with blog

Hi,

I am getting really annoyed with my blog. I am trying to do things to personalise it and I just can't get it to do what I want!!
Argh!
I want my heading image to be central. I wanta particualr font for my heading which "blogger" doesn't have, I want my entire page to be white, don't know how to do this. I am getting really frustrated, I want it to look a particular way which doesn't seem complicated to me and I just cant get it to work, plus blogger keeps crashing.
Anyone any good at blogs?

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with blog

Not that I blog at all, but I've just had a look at Blogger. You can certainly set your background (and border) colour to white in the Advanced Backgrounds tab (white doesn't get included unless you go into Advanced). As for your header, my impression is that it's going to be left-aligned unless you use a cascading style sheet (CSS), which is a WHOLE other ball game - although it would solve your font problem too.

Oh, and I've also just noticed that Background only appears in the Advanced tab if your selected template allows it.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have just tried to start a blog on blogger and it is SUCH a nightmare... crashes all the time, I can't put photos in several places through the text and the look not very customisable (is that even a word??)

Anyway, I have 2 blogs in wordpress and I have never had the same problems with them... I suggest you move over to wordpress (it can import your blog for you)

Only problem with wordpress is that it doesn't like adverts or flash imbedding... which makes it a bit less.... hmmmm.... I don't know... a bit less of a problem to start with probably...lol...
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Durgan

Annpan wrote:I have just tried to start a blog on blogger and it is SUCH a nightmare... crashes all the time, I can't put photos in several places through the text and the look not very customisable (is that even a word??)

Anyway, I have 2 blogs in wordpress and I have never had the same problems with them... I suggest you move over to wordpress (it can import your blog for you)

Only problem with wordpress is that it doesn't like adverts or flash imbedding... which makes it a bit less.... hmmmm.... I don't know... a bit less of a problem to start with probably...lol...
I use to use Bloger, but switched to Wordpress. It is as simple to use as sending Email using Outlook Express.

Susie

Hi, I use blogger (but I'm not very good with it). I've just looked at your blog and you seem to have got the background white now. For things like centering the header image in a non-centred template you would have to add css, I can't remember the code, but I think I have done it once (albeit in Typepad). It is probably something to do with border padding or something like that - normally if you google you can just pick up the chunk of code somewhere and then just fiddle with the numbers until your heading is in the right place. (You could override template background colours with that as well.) Font - you may have sorted this out now (I thought your header looked very smart!) but just save the font as part of the header image then you can use whatever font you want (I download fonts from dafont.com). There is also a font website you can link to which incorporates different fonts into your blog but I can't remember what it is, I'm sorry. Also, have you tried blogger in draft (I think draft.blogger.com), I think this gives you a few more options for design. That is the limit of my knowledge :flower:

Blogger crashes my computer if I try to do anything complicated but it lets me post quickly so I just get in there and get out again :cooldude:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Helsbells

Ok,
I am getting there, thanks everyone for your help. I am seriousely considering switching over to wordpress but in the mean time, I now have 3 columns, the header in the middle with my own choice of font and a white background. Now I just need to get rid of the blumming grey line around the edge!!