Eco friendly insecticide

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
sue100
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
Facebook Name: sue Taylor

Eco friendly insecticide

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

If like us you are trying only to use eco friendly methods, while trying to keep your fruit and veggies from all types of bugs and creepy crawlies eating it before you get the chance. I can recommend neem oil as a really good insecticide. It is safe for use around mammals and can be used on vegetables etc to be eaten. It works by messing with the nurons of the insect so they forget to eat, sleep, mate etc which means death, normally for us within a couple of days. It smells disgusting by the way, but you dilute it with a little washing up liquid and water, so it goes along way.

It also works on animals for killing fleas etc, we use it on both our dogs and cats. Normally I buy organic oil from ebay.

Up to now we have not found anything to compare with it.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Eco friendly insecticide

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 pm

I hadn't realised neem was insecticidal. I use it, with bog myrtle essential oil and a less foul-smelling carrier oil as a midge repellent. It seems to work pretty well - better than just about anything else I've tried. It seems to repel visitors too. :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Return to “Eco Products and Innovations”