Phone apps

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Phone apps

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 am

I personally wouldn't know an app if it jumped out in front of me but would appreciate any help going.
My other half has changed her phone from an I phone 5 to an I phone 6s. We have cctv and she was able to access that through an app on her old phone . That app was called "vieweasy v2" . However , that app doesn't work on the new phone , when she tried it it just came up " to be updated by the developer"
As such she can't now view our cctv and is looking for advice on a secure app that will work with the new phone.
Suggestions?

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Phone apps

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:30 am

Dunno. I'm afraid it might just need a troll through the app store. One of the good things about iphones is that stuff is very easy to uninstall if found to be useless. One of the bad things is that there's a lot of that out there!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 am

I think that's what she will have to do. I've asked on other forums too and no one has actually come up with an answer and I'm completely clueless with this sort of thing so it may be a case of just picking one at random so to speak.

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:04 am

I do hate life when something that you have always used on computer/laptop/phone doesn't work when the system or hardware is updated. It's often a reason to sell you something new of course as an extra add on to whatever you have just updated.

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:11 am

Agreed , it's the whole built in obsolescence thing.