new magazine for "semi-vegans"!

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Bukormen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

new magazine for "semi-vegans"!

I am hoping to starting up a magazine for "semi-vegans". The magazine will be free and published 3-4 times a year. (Paper and PDF-file)
If you wish to help (stricktly non paid), I would like help on this:
æ Run a basic webpage
æ Articles on: natural animal free gardning, non GM food (a lot of veggie food has GM in it), anything related to "semi-veganisme".
æ Homebuild
æ Living without cash
æ Art/photos
æ Read corretions

I have run a magazine in Norway for 11 years and I would like to try my luck in the UK. If you wish to help send me an e-mail: sjolberg@online.no

The magazine would be paper based, the Intersite stricktly for downloading PDF-files of the magazine. (I am old fashioned and prefer printed material to Internet...)

Muddypause
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

That sounds very interesting, Bukormen, but speaking from the comfort of my armchair, I'm having a bit of trouble with the term 'semi-veganism'.

Does it really describe what you are aiming at? I reckon some of the topics you suggest would be interesting to many people, regardless of their diet or ethics.

I have a hunch that true vegans may object to the term, and non-vegans could be alienated by it.

Just a suggestion; good luck with the project.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

ina

I also don't really understand the term - is that like a vegetarian who occasionally eats bacon? :?
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vegans don't eat eggs or dairy Ina, so it is for vegans who fall off the wagon occasionally.........maybe! :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Bukormen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ina wrote:I also don't really understand the term - is that like a vegetarian who occasionally eats bacon? :?
Bacon is meat. Vegans who eat organic fair trade milk chocholate, organic cheese and butter, are of course not vegans... But they might eat a lot of vegan meals. Calling them vegetarians might give the wrong idea, because they might prefer vegan meals. Maybe "semi" is the wrong word. How about "quasi".
Anyway all terms can be misunderstood by the willing. Ask for a vegan or vegetarian meal at a cafe and you might be surprised at what you get!

Merry

When I was a vegetarian (I`m not now) I asked for an omelette in a cafe in France, saying that I didn`t eat meat. When I asked what the pink bits were in my omelette the waitress said - It`s not meat, it`s ham! - :lol:

ina

So you are aiming it at vegetarians who eat mainly vegan food. That's difficult to fit into a term, I think - but I believe I now know what you mean!

Btw, I was given a cook book once - vegetarian cooking - that had recipes with "just a bit of meat or seafood" in them... And that omelette incident happened to me, too - only in Australia. And another one with a "vegetarian" salad in Germany... Loads of shredded ham on top.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Urban Ayisha
Living the good life
Living the good life

i have often been told that being a veggie is a western luxury, and when on holiday or visiting family abroad i never fail to feel awkward and difficult, like i'm just being 'picky' when it comes to meal times. do other people come across this? i hate having to justify my reasons for not eating meat!