YUM

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
strictmale teacher
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

YUM

not a recipe as such. just a yummy thing,
mashed CARROTT with loads of ground BLACK PEPPER and the juice of a LIME is veg-tastic.

Oscar

This could form the basis of a veggie pie, alternate layers of 'YUM' with mashed swede, spinach and any other vegetables you may have, in between each layer add grated cheese, top with mashed potato, more grated cheese and tomatos, brown under the grill - delish !
I am a vegeterian and often use this recipe, serve with green salad and follow with fruit desert with yoghurt or fromaige frais.

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Potato, Cheese and Ale Pie

The last home brew I made I had about 40 pints of ale and found myself turning into a bit of a drinker so started cooking with it. I came up with this recipe and it was delicous.
Potato, Cheese and Ale Pie

Boil some potatos in half stock half ale with some fresh thyme. Line a baking tray with some puff-pastry. Grate in some Gruyere or similar hard strong cheese (can use mature chedder) to the potato mix once a lot of the liquid has evapourated. Pour in the potatoes with some of the liquid into the pie casing cover with pastry and bake until the pastry is brown.
It's spanking gourgeous and really filling, I fed 9 people with it last time I made it including a die hard meat eater who cleared his plate.