New Beekeeping Course In Somerset! Open for SW-ishers!

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
glenniedragon
A selfsufficientish Regular

New Beekeeping Course In Somerset! Open for SW-ishers!

Howdy Folks just thought I'd let any SW-ishers know out there that a new introduction to beekeeping course is starting in the Taunton Deane area. For the grand total of £6 you can get a 7 session course on beekeeping (including 2 practicals) and attend all the other events throught the next year, we are hoping to include food hygiene training this year at a competitative rate too. The £6 is to become an associate member, the introduction course itself is free to members and is accredited by Cannington College. I'm helping organise the practical 'rent-a-hive' continuation after the theory session where you raise your own bees under the close supervision of an experienced beekeeper and then get to take them home.

Bees are wonerfully interesting and its something I wish I'd done years ago. My seven year old son is doing the course this year and already has plans for his 'honey money'!

TDBKA Programme for 2008
or PM me for more details

Kind thoughts
Deb

glenniedragon

Update on courses

Looks like our food hygiene course is also going ahead- we're looking at a price (less than £20!)per person for a 9h day! Makes paying out the £6 for associate membership all the more attractive eh?

What a shameless plug! dear dear what has become of me?

Lets try subliminals.......BEES.......BEES.......BEES.......BEES

kind thoughts
Deb

glenniedragon

Update on courses

Looks like our food hygiene course is also going ahead- we're looking at a price (less than £20!)per person for a 9h day! Makes paying out the £6 for associate membership all the more attractive eh?

What a shameless plug! dear dear what has become of me?

Lets try subliminals.......BEES..............BEES..............BEES..............BEES.......
kind thoughts

Deb