Flavoured salts

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Wormella
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.8045
longitude: -2.1154

Flavoured salts

Of all the random foodie pressies I got over Christmas the oddest is a set of 3 Breton flavoured salts from France.

One's flavoured with Seaweed, another with Rose (Rosehips we assume) and the third with pepper.

They'r in lovely squiggaly pop cap bottles and if it wasn't for the one with pepper I'd have said they were heading for the bathroom to be used as bath salts.

As it is I assume they have cullinary uses, I'm just at a lost as to what!

Any Suggestions?

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hiya

I had a lovely sea salt mixture with seaweed and flower petals that I either sprinkle on or grind on depending upon what I'm doing. Expensive, and to be honest I doubt I would buy it again but I spotted it and had to give it a go.

Is there a brand name that you could google??
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

shiney

Mmm...I had some of those type of salts last year with lavender etc in them. Bit strange, but they get a grind in stews now and again.

They are from South Africa, the South African Spice Company.
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

Wormella
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.8045
longitude: -2.1154

No, theses appear to be a small Breton company - but it appears to be along similar lines. I'll give them a go.