Burda magazine

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Burda magazine

anyone used any of the patterns? is it hard to follow which one to trace?!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

I used them some while back - I didn't have tracing paper so I put the pattern on top of the paper I was using and pin-pricked holes along the lines - lifted the pattern and joined the dots with a pencil - and then did the next section. The different sections and pieces are generally pretty obvious and marked up

I haven't had a Burda mag for ages :(

Have Fun :mrgreen:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

camillitech
Living the good life
Living the good life

My mum used to get them and do the patterns all the time when I was a lad :wink: I'm 51 now :? so someone must be able to do them or they'd have gone out of bussiness years ago. Though as a 10 year old they seemed awfully confusing to me :roll:

Cheers, Paul
please bear in mind when reading this post that i'm a taurus so prone to talking bull.

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

80p basildon market. last month's but that's no bother to me lol!!!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

ina

camillitech wrote:My mum used to get them and do the patterns all the time when I was a lad :wink: I'm 51 now :? so someone must be able to do them or they'd have gone out of bussiness years ago. Though as a 10 year old they seemed awfully confusing to me :roll:

Cheers, Paul
I'm your age, and I used them as a teenager without any bother. Haven't really done any sewing since.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

WiseBird
Tom Good
Tom Good

once you get your eye in to which of the lines you should be following it is really easy to trace the pieces off...(I use greaseproof paper for tracing).

...oh, and its worth keeping an eye on Ebay for recent issues, I bought quite a few last year...just got to find time to make some of the clothes now :roll:

Donna
Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

From an inn in Lancaster, England

Hawthorn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

http://www.ottobredesign.com/

Here's another one that does some WONDERFUL designs...especially for kids. I've asked around on some sewing forums I visit and apparently they're quite difficult for the beginner to get a grasp of. I intend to subscribe when I have a little more experience :cooldude: