heathens/ pagans of Ish, unite :D

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

heathens/ pagans of Ish, unite :D

due to the topic on lammas, I wondered how many of you are heathens/ pagans.
are you pagan, following your own path with what suits you, or are you part of the witches tradition?
I would not be surprised to read on the forum that quite of you would suit the bill :)

I myself call myself a pagan when I am asked for religion as that is where I feel home.....close to nature and its beings and all involved.
There the search ended for me, and no dogma's involved. I still am part (tibetan)buddhist at heart though.
Also I am a witch...... as I can do and know those things that witches used to know.......the wise women/ men.

berti

hedgewitch
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: heathens/ pagans of Ish, unite :D

I am pagan.

Berti, do I know you from another forum?
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have no idea, hedgewitch........I am on various forums :) hard to keep all those members aboard of my hard drive...
But my name is not so common, and you can always look up members and where they live..........if there is a berti from netherlands, then 99% sure it's me.

berti

hedgewitch

I do know a Bert who lives in the Netherlands who frequents numerous pagan message boards (like myself)
But if it was you, you'd know, we chat on msn.
:flower:

So there's two of you.
My Blog
My Website

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

i suspose i am a non spiritual pagan, in that i feel connected to the earth and celebrate the wheel of the year but i do not have any affinity with any gods or goddesses. i dont believe in any god, the nearest i get to this is being in awe of mother nature. but saying that i recgonise gods and goddesses within us...ie the power we all have within.

its hard to explain my beliefs, but i suspose to sum it up i am 'paganish' :cheers: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cheers:
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Unitarian Universalist.
"we are all children of the same universe"
http://www.themonastery.org/
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

barefootlinzi and mrsF, well said!
I completely agree.

berti

Bluemoon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hi, Berti. If pressed I'd call myself an Earth-centred witch. It's a term thats probably meaningless really as, like most pagans, I'm fairly eclectic in my beliefs.

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Pagan is probably the closest I'll get to a name for what I am. I am a great believer in and user of magic and, before it became a system in its own right, I would have been called a chaos magician, using ritual from different systems depending on what I needed to do at the time. Not precisely spiritual, but do feel we are all connected to an infinite. I definitely feel more of a connection to the northern mysteries than others though.

Apparently, I'm married to a Jedi!

Lynne

ocailleagh
Living the good life
Living the good life

This is often a tricky question to answer...I'm a Witch. If you want to get precise, I'm an eclectic Alexandrian hedgewitch with leanings toward Druidry, Heathenism and Wizardry :mrgreen:
Though I usually just say Witch and leave it at that :lol:
It might seem like a bit of a contradiction, I should explain. I first became involved with the Craft when I was 13 and I read whatever I could find and practised whenever I could. I developed my own way of practicing, based on my studies, and occasionally working with other self-taught Witches. Then, when I was in my early 20s, I met an Alexandrian who offered me initiation (unusually enough) and I then joined her coven and am still a member now, though I don't get up to work with them as often as I'd like. So my day to day practice remains pretty eclectic and earth-oriented.
Harm None!

hedgewitch

Shameless plug

The Coven
My Blog
My Website

Rod in Japan
Living the good life
Living the good life

What can you do with magic?

(If you're curious to know what can be done with low-level Zen meditation, I'll be delighted to reciprocate...)

QuakerBear

I'm not a Pagan (can you guess from the name?), but I like Pagan ideas so can I join in with you?
QuakerBear

ocailleagh
Living the good life
Living the good life

I love the look of that forum hedgewitch! I've bookmarked and will probably be registering later! Why haven't you mentioned it sooner?

Rod, a better question would be, 'what can't we do with magick?' :mrgreen: Though I'd guess that we have a similar range of possibilities as you do with Zen. But yeah, it'd be most informative to exchange ideas etc.

QB, of course! Pagans are generally very inclusive, the more the merrier! I'd actually be interested to hear more about the Quaker path, I really don't know much about it.
Harm None!

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

ocailleagh wrote:I'd actually be interested to hear more about the Quaker path, I really don't know much about it.
Me too. Especially since our son is going to a Quaker boarding school (special needs) in September.

Lynne