Ideas please!!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

Ideas please!!

I am 40 weeks tomorrow :iconbiggrin: :cheers:, which is something that I never thought I would say.

I have to see the consultant this Friday, and if nothing has happened I will be booked in for a c-section next Thursday. I am still ever hopeful for my natural birth, so I need a few ideas to get things moving please.

I have cleaned and cleaned, drunk more raspberry leaf tea than I can shake a stick at, hopefully try a bit of :sex: once hubby is home, and have munched a whole pineapple.

Any ideas please?
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

thesunflowergal

Re: Ideas please!!

:wave: Hi Susie. I feel a bit mean really as he left the house at 8.30am and will be home about 11pm, he has a stinking cold. My midwife told me to tell him that my needs are greater than his :lol:, poor bloke.

What a great name for a pub!!
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Have you had caesarians with your other births sg?

I don't understand why he's going straight for that instead of induced labour - at least even if they start it off you still do the rest yourself.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

thesunflowergal

Maggie

Trixie was a emergency c-section at 29 weeks. They will not induce due to the risk of the scar rupturing, even though the chance is pretty small :(. They will also only let you labour for eight hours before they give you a section, for the same reason. Hence I need all the help that I can get :icon_smile:

Nikki

Check out my blog:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hava a look at this - these are trained midwives

http://www.radmid.demon.co.uk/alternative.htm

It may help you laugh your way into labour. It made me laugh anyway :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Milims

With my son I decided to move the bedroom furniture and it made him come 6 weeks early!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'll try and get a chance to find the info before your poor tired husband gets home, but there is currently a growing trend to allow mums to go over their dates, instead of insisting on an induction or section, I know that some bits I've read have said about hospitals being talked into doing regular late scans and letting nature take it's course rather than pushing things.

I'll see if I can find it again now (don't know why I had looked at it int he first place seeing as though I have no choice as have had 3 c-sections, but remember thinking if only I'd known about this option for son no 1!)

If I find anything I'll be back.

Sx
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... h/overdue/

This isn't the article I was looking for but, George is screaming and it is most off putting :iconbiggrin: so will start with this one and any I find later, if I stay awake I'll add

This one does point out the sweep option and the close monitoring after due dates, obviously they may push because of the section last time, but then again there is a growing trend of home births after sections so if you've only had one it shouldn't be a major factor, unless they think that there is a reason for needing another one, my second child was looking very big for dates so didn't really get a choice, but unless there is a reason then they should let you progress like normal births.

Sorry I ramble, preg brain, bad day at work, screaming toddler, braxton hicks, if I think more clearly later I may edit this!!!

:flower:
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

We sympathize my wife had to be induced with all three of our boys and just to scare you the last one was 11lbs 4 and half ounces.

we tried the following

long walks getting shorter as she tired
lots practise for the next one :lol:
herbal teas

but in the end we had to have some help
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

No help or ideas from me I'm afraid but loads of good wishes coming your way. I hope it all goes well.

Good luck

Zoe

thesunflowergal

Thanks everyone for the best wishes and advice.

Sarah I read that article. Its something that I will talk to the consultant about, but it makes me slightly nervous as I have had lots of placenta problems with the last two.

Hubby was so tired and ill last night, that I left the poor fella alone :iconbiggrin:

Check out my blog:

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Haven't for the life of me found the other article I'd read, believe me I've looked, mainly to get out of doing anything else :lol:

I at times felt a little miffed that I'd had to have sections, but in all honesty as long as both you and baby are ok it doesn't matter how they came into this world, they still feel the same to cuddle!

The only real issue I ever had with mine being sun roof jobs was with their nursery, who advised me that they needed to be taught about how babies were born as they were telling people that they came from a hole in mummies tummy (they were both under 5 at the time) I of course pointed out to the nursery that I wasn't going to teach them something that was completely pointless in our family at such a young age.

Good luck, keep us posted, and if you feel the need to keep nesting and have nothing else to clean I'll pm you our address and you can come and help out here :lol:

Sarahx

Rosendula

Katie was 11 days late. We tried all sorts, including driving over speed bumps, watching funny things on TV that make me belly laugh, curry, rumpy pumpy, telling her firmly it's time to come out, you name it. In the end, on the morning I was due to go in to be induced she decided to pop out naturally. Perhaps just knowing I was having her come-what-may on that day set me off.

Best wishes to you for a natural birth soon. :hugish:
Rosey xx

Big Al

thesunflowergal wrote:I am 40 weeks tomorrow :iconbiggrin: :cheers:, which is something that I never thought I would say.

I have to see the consultant this Friday, and if nothing has happened I will be booked in for a c-section next Thursday. I am still ever hopeful for my natural birth, so I need a few ideas to get things moving please.

I have cleaned and cleaned, drunk more raspberry leaf tea than I can shake a stick at, hopefully try a bit of :sex: once hubby is home, and have munched a whole pineapple.

Any ideas please?

SEX .... works every time and if it doesn't the first time tell your hubby / partner / friend that they need to continue with the treatment for you.... honest....
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

weeble
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I had a lovely bath with clary sage and lavender essential oils. Was in labour within 2 hours! The reason they tell you not to use essential oils during pregnancy is that most of them bring on contractions. But do some basic research first to make sure safe for babe. Good luck with it all!