Hazelhurst CSA (Sheffield) - Event 2nd Feb 2012

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
piglet
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hazelhurst CSA (Sheffield) - Event 2nd Feb 2012

Hi all, I'm a member of Hazelhurst Community Supported Agriculture Co-operative, based on the outskirts of Sheffield, and we've got an information/ launch event coming up a week on Thursday. The CSA aims to help reconnect Sheffield communities with where their food comes from, by getting people involved in growing organic food on a beautiful two-acre site in the Moss Valley, just south of Sheffield. Lots of the members live 'Ish' lifestyles - personally I've found it a wonderful way to be able to do more than I'm able to do with just a back garden. This year we've grown a fantastic potato crop, plus beans and squashes, learned hedgelaying, had prize-winning honey from the bees, and have recently put up a polytunnel. We've just recruited a part-time grower and are starting to plan this years crops with a view to being able to provide an affordable veg box scheme.

Info on the event below, if any local Ish-ers are interested, it would be lovely to see you there! :icon_smile:

From your Farm to your Fork:
Finding out about Hazelhurst CSA

Thursday February 2nd 6.30 (welcome with home-made food) for 7pm meeting
Quaker Meeting House, St James Street S1 2EW

Talk by Rebecca Laughton, expert on community-based organic, sustainable cultivation and author of ‘Surviving and Thriving on the Land’.

Presentation of the Hazelhurst Oral History project – finding out about life and farming in the Moss Valley .

Launching our share offer, giving you a chance to invest anything from £50 to £5000.

Find out how you can become part of this exciting co-operative venture by investing your time as a volunteer.

More info at http://www.hazelhurst.coop/ and we're on Twitter at https://twitter.com/HazelhurstCSA