Mulled Apple Wine Recipe

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
Stoney
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 0
longitude: 0

Mulled Apple Wine Recipe

I have some over sweet apple wine that will be good for making into mulled apple wine at Christmas. So could anyone suggest a recipe or should I just have a go at a recipe for mulled cider?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Stoney

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Re: Mulled Apple Wine Recipe

Since no-one who knows what they're talking about has answered yet, I'll have a go. Since you already have: Apple flavour - check, alcohol - check, sugar - check, I'd keep it simple. Try heating with just a few spices - heavy on the cinnamon, lighter on the cloves and nutmeg - and see how it tastes. I see mulled cider recipes calling for dark rum, but I think that might be overpowering. I'd go for brandy if you want to add spirits, though personally I leave them out of mulled wine. You could keep things like oranges, vanilla and spirits in reserve, to add if needed.

Disclaimer: I've never mulled apple wine, though I have mulled a few others.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/