Solar Showers

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Karen_D
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Solar Showers

These are sold as a camping accessory but we're looking at perhaps using one at home. Those with a bathroom on the sunny side of the house could use one or if you could rig up a kind of shower tent in the garden even. It would only be useful during the summer months but would still be free hot water.

Link to one here

http://www.towsure.com/product/2589-Sup ... (15_litre)

Wassail

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Karen!

I must confess to being given a couple 20 odd years ago, but we already have solar hot water so I haven't tried them out yet. Must dig them out and see if they are OK....

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

red
A selfsufficientish Regular

look quite good - and simple and cheap
might be worth a try
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Martin

if you can get away from the "everything on tap instantly, all the time" theory of life, you can save terrific amounts of energy - it will be a hassle, they dont last well (I've got one!), and your shower days will be limited to sunny days! (this summer, you'd be pretty smelly by now!) :mrgreen:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Stonehead

Martin wrote:(this summer, you'd be pretty smelly by now!) :mrgreen:
Not at all. You just strip off, grab a cake of soap and wander outside for a shower in all that rain...

If you're on a water meter, then you'll even further ahead - saving energy and reducing the water bill!

catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

we have two solar showers that are simply hosepipes from our water tank, stretched out in the sun. its hotter here, and we can have a hot shower by 10am, by 2pm it can be too hot!

i think that one of these bags (for 6.50) wouldnt last long in the sun here, whereas a hosepipe (25m for 25 euros) doesnt get dissolved by the sun...

Christopher
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

solar showers

I have one I use for camping, when I go camping up north in the summertime, at a place right beside the beach...

It's gets pretty hot by the time 6pm rolls around, but I discovered that it was far better to come in off the beach after an afternoon on the sand (underneath shade), and in the water and have a cold shower! Very refreshing and sets me up nicely for a G&T.

I could use the solar shower here at home I guess (not right now cause it's winter...), but it takes a couple of hours to heat up so I wouldn't be able to shower till 3 or so... I suppose that's ok.

ka kite,
Christopher.

rag_grrl_nz
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: solar showers

Christopher wrote:I have one I use for camping, when I go camping up north in the summertime, at a place right beside the beach...

It's gets pretty hot by the time 6pm rolls around, but I discovered that it was far better to come in off the beach after an afternoon on the sand (underneath shade), and in the water and have a cold shower! Very refreshing and sets me up nicely for a G&T.

I could use the solar shower here at home I guess (not right now cause it's winter...), but it takes a couple of hours to heat up so I wouldn't be able to shower till 3 or so... I suppose that's ok.

ka kite,
Christopher.
We use ours when we are camping too. We live near the beach and I just thought it would be good for the kids to wash up outside at home after a day at the beach.
Helen @
Red Rag reusable menstrual products
Save money, save your body, save the planet
www.redrag.co.nz