offered: aloe vera plants

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

offered: aloe vera plants

well established little babies. i can't bear to kill them by chucking them in the bin but my big aloe keeps throwing out shoots all over the place. i now have over 50 plants and that's a lot in a 2 bed flat.

will swap for... pretty much anything!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

SueSteve
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I would love an Aloe Vera, I have some baby spider plants that I could swap!
I swapped some for an Aloe Vera before, but the AV just went brown and died!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think (i'm in no way an expert mind) that aloe vera likes a fairly humid atmosphere. I've got one in the bathroom that loves it there.

possum

Aloes grow pretty much any where, here I am experimenting with them as a crop. most aloes here survive on low rainfall and crap soil
so in summer, it is dry, no humidity in the slightest

NB this is NZ
Opinionated but harmless

red

what would you harvest them for?
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

possum

red wrote:what would you harvest them for?
Yikes!! you don't know what a wonderful plant it is? (sorry please don't read that as patronising it isn't meant that way), it is one of the plants you should have if you are trying to be self sufficient. It is fantastic on skin, great for reducing wrinkles if you are vain, great for eczema and dermatitis; if you suffer and fantastic on burns. OH decided to stick his hand into the fire to turn a log over (yeah I know :roll: ), he blistered three fingers very badly, I cut off a leaf, slit it down its length and bandaged it onto his fingers over night, the following day the pain had gone, the day after that there was no sign of any blistering.

For a general skin treatment, just slit a leaf down the middle to expose the gel and rub direct onto the skin.

You can also drink the gel I believe and it is used in countless beauty treatments, skin creams etc
Opinionated but harmless

red

well yes i have heard of the wonderful properties of aloe vera.. but I doubt that it can do everything.. so let me rephrase that...

what do you harvest it for.

burns treatment obviously...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

possum

well the experimenting as a crop is just that, to see if they will survive the winter outside (other aloes do). Uses, well my idea was to flog the stuff, but I have yet to find a place in NZ than can process it, so if I do manage to sell it, it will be on a very small scale to perhaps the local soap maker.

But really if you can get one, than do, even if you like your wrinkles, the feeling of the fresh jel on on your skin is wonderful, especially round your eyes.
Opinionated but harmless

Milims

I think I read recently that you are moving house and will have a garden - so would you liketo swap one of your aloe vera plants for a honey suckle, a white currant and a rose scented geranium -all small but well established so lots of growing - and a handful of carlin peas?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Russian Doll

Milims wrote:I think I read recently that you are moving house and will have a garden - so would you liketo swap one of your aloe vera plants for a honey suckle, a white currant and a rose scented geranium -all small but well established so lots of growing - and a handful of carlin peas?
have told mrs flibble she will reply tonight hun :wink:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi
I'd love one please. How would you like a selection of pretty sparkly card, coloured paper and acetates for crafts or the fibblet to play with? If that's not what you are looking for then I'm sure I can think of something else.

Cheers
Zoe

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi Mrs F
My plant arrived today :cheers: . It's sitting in it's box on my desk but I will pot it up as soon as I get home. Thanks.

I love the cute little care instructions as well. They're brill and the drawing is ace :mrgreen:

Thanks again

Zoe

hamster

Hello,

Have you still got them? I'd love one if you do! I've got a couple of small bars of home-made soap I can swap them for, and if you don't want those I'm sure I can think of something else.

Hamster
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Hamster i have pm'd you.
To anyone else wanting one, I should have some more well established ones after xmas I reckon so if you can hold out till then I can sort you out.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:? my last aloe was huge and fell out of it's pot :( but I was lucky to get another from a fellow 'freecycle-er' any tips on how to treat them would be most welcome please?
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6: