Christmas Cards

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Christmas Cards

Sorry but I really like Christmas cards, and don't feel guilty about it - I never post anything on paper for the rest of the year (oh to be able to write handwritten letters again - so much nicer than an email) so I recon our national net letter sending is still down on the last half decade.

They are an important part of xmas for me. And they benefit charities - although this year I may make our own using turkey photos from last year.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

happyhippy

I really like Xmas cards.I don't buy the mega big boxes but I do choose carefully and really think about how many I need.Most of my family live in Australia,and especially at Xmas I really miss them alot,so its nice to have an actual card on the mantle to look over when I start to feel upset! :( I also recycle them,cutting them into next years gift tags.My kids were doing this from when they were old enough to use scissors!It was a nice way to spend some time together.I also like other cards,birthday,Mum's Day and so onI've always said to my kids to not bother with a present for me,as long as I get a card,I'm happy!My own Mum has cards from 60 years ago and it gives her great pleasure for example re reading my (now deceased)Dad's old cards that he had given her over the years.

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

I send cards but am seriously questioning why. Each year I try and cut down, then feel guilty when I receive a card from someone I haven't sent to. Maybe this year I will call a halt and include a note saying this is my final card due to my ethical beliefs. The only exception would be to family and really close friends.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Sorry, but I like them. I stick to sending either home-made cards or charity cards printed on recycled or FSA sourced card. They old ones either get recycled into new cards or gift tags, or they're put on the fire so provide heating.

My home-made cards aren't necessarily environmentally friendly but they satisfy my creative need.

Zoe

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Trouble is that I seem to know an awlful lot of people. They aren't really awlful, but there is a lot of them.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

happyhippy

baldybloke wrote:Trouble is that I seem to know an awlful lot of people. They aren't really awlful, but there is a lot of them.
:iconbiggrin: Good one BB!! lol