Recycled furniture

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
JT101
Tom Good
Tom Good

Recycled furniture

Owing to a severe lack of space in my box room (2m x 2m), I decided to cusom make furniture from materials I pulled from the skip and the local dump, and scrap cloth etc

Clothes rail was much more useful higher up, and I got rid of a shed load of clothes to make it manageable. Made from an old trampoline. Decorated with dragon motif using enamel paints

Hanging storage for random bits of clothing e.g. woolly hats, socks, underpants, shorts, kneepads. Basically anything I couldn't hang off the rail. Made from left over material from curtains, and cardboard shelves.

Horizontal chest of drawers. Freed up loads of space on the floor. Made from scrap ply and pine from the dump.

Desk with folding legs - Large desk, with fold up legs, and removable completely with 4 screws. Made from kitchen cupboard doors joined together and old pine door frame for legs, stained with eco varnish. Desk painted with Eco paint.

Folder shelf / wine bucket space. The space underneath is where I place my initial wine fermenting buckets for a few days, and all my files ontop. Made from more of the trampoline.

Dragon bookshelf support - Why have a boring block of wood. Needed some support as the heavily laden bookshelf stretches over the doorframe.

Don't worry, I used more of the trampoline outside to create my vegetable box, and I've still got some left over for a rainy day...........
Attachments
England 11 - Bedroom Refit (78).jpg
England 11 - Bedroom Refit (78).jpg (109.93 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Dragon motif.jpg
Dragon motif.jpg (72.53 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
All units.jpg
All units.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
26102011689.jpg
26102011689.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
26102011688.jpg
26102011688.jpg (90.81 KiB) Viewed 1977 times

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Recycled furniture

Very creative - and of course - ishy! Well done! :cheers:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Well done :thumbright: thats what you call recycling properly :thumbright: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Awesome! I love the dragons :iconbiggrin:
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html