am new. please help!

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
colsus
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

am new. please help!

Hello fellow self-sustainers..
My wife and i are in a bit of a quandary. We have a smallholding consisting of goats, chickens and ducks. We started this while in Derbyshire, however, due to my work we relocated to Somerset(England), but the animals are in Devon. We are on the hunt for somewhere to let/lease long term with at least an acre of ground with something resembling a home for us. We are not concerned about modcons as we had only a Rayburn before. We extended the original shed we had there out of our own hands for the goats and confined them to strip-grazing with electric fencing which worked very well. We made from scratch a large duck house and a chicken house. We have tried all the usual routes under estate agents but there really is not anthing suitable or is way over our price range with fantastic modern home with gizmos! We are basic and wish to be so....Colin has done an A.I. course and aims to not only serve our own goats but possibly have a secondary business....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: am new. please help!

Hi there and welcome :wave:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi and welcome

Sadly, such estates in this part of the world are hard to come by. As you've already identified, any large piece of land with a dwelling on it will have been snapped up by property developers by now. The only option may be to settle on a suitable house and then buy or lease a field near by. Pieces of land do come up on the normal property websites from time to time but a friend of mine had the best results from putting an advert in a local paper asking for land to rent/buy.

Good luck
Zoe

Carltonian Man

Hello and welcome. Can't help any but hope it all works out for you :flower:

Lasagna Raso
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Welcome abroad, I wish you a pleasant stay and a nice posting :wave: