How many sweet corn cobs per plant?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How many sweet corn cobs per plant?

Unfortunately it doesn't work too well if you want green beans, but probably fine for haricots.
I tried it a few years ago and trying to pick the beans without stomping all over the squash vines and without knocking the corn over, was just about impossible. :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

The Riff-Raff Element
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Odsox wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't work too well if you want green beans, but probably fine for haricots.
I tried it a few years ago and trying to pick the beans without stomping all over the squash vines and without knocking the corn over, was just about impossible. :iconbiggrin:
'bout the length of it. It works very well provided that you wait for everything to reach full maturity: flint hard corn, orange squashes and dried beans. But it was a very good system for very dry situations where manures were scarce. If you've got water and livestock there are better ways to grow, I think.

Pach
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I have noticed some people here grow corn and potatoes close together, alternate rows about 10 inch apart. Does anyone know reason for this?