Ethical Banking, again

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
skeast
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Ethical Banking, again

So I am fed up with Cooperative Bank, they are as bad as the rest !

I am looking around at other banking options, I need a simple current account, online, cashpoint, direct debits etc. A savings account too, for when I have some spare cash, maybe even earn some interest.

Any recommendations ?

I confess I am sorely tempted by Santander's 123 as it would earn about £20 in interest a month, not to be sniffed at, but hardly even touching the clean and ethical bank I am looking for. How do folks balance up such dilemmas ?

Cheers

Sarah

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Ethical Banking, again

I don't know if there is such a thing as an ethical bank - there should be of course, cos lots of people would use it. (But would it be viable?)
I took my money out of Santander when I heard some horror stories about them. Now I use Nationwide, which is a building society but has most normal banking facilities.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Ethical Banking, again

How about Triodis?(Think I spelt that correctly???)I dont have an account with them,I'm with Nationwide which are'nt ethical but Ive never had any problems!