Complete Book Of Vegetables,Herbs and Fruit

By popular demand - The book review section.
Cheezy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Complete Book Of Vegetables,Herbs and Fruit

By Flowerdew,McVicar and Biggs

And it certainly is complete. There must be at least 10 % of things in there that I've never heard of!.

It's an amazing reference book from three of the most renown gardners currently.

It goes through alphabetically in Latin, which can be a pain, however use the index and everything works out OK.
Each entry gives propagation,growing guide, history, culinary uses (including recipes!), medical uses and warnings.

An incredible piece of work, and I note that Amazon have it reduced at £11.54 You can not be robbed.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

ohareward
Living the good life
Living the good life

Kitchen and Herb Gardener, by Richard Bird & Jessica Houdret. I found this book at our local library. I decided to get it. I tried all over NZ. No luck. Even tried Amazon.com. I found it at Abe.books. Like Cheezy's book this one covers all you need in a garden. It was printed in UK.
'You know you are a hard-core gardener if you deadhead flowers in other people's gardens.

To err is human. To blame someone else, is management potential.