Blimey, whilst I was away...

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
shiney
A selfsufficientish Regular

Blimey, whilst I was away...

You lot gave me 63 new lots of posts to look at!

I have been to Spain on a two week pig out. No gardening, no household duties, just monging out on the beach, eating and testing the local produce.

But...it's so good to be back. My garden is a jungle, there are about 2lbs of dwarf beans to harvest (I am very excited about this) and there are more spuds to be unearthed. There's no place like home. :lol:
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

Lyds
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Welcome home! Hope you feel refreshed.
I always take the kids to my mothers during the first week of August and much as I love to return home i know I'm going to groan when I see the state of my garden. The om stays at home that week but has no idea what to do in a garden other than getting the sun bed out, so, look out when i get back. Mind you I shall get it into tip top condition before I go away.

shiney

Thanks Lyds,

I do feel refreshed, browned nicely and completely exhausted from travelling. That's definately the worst part...getting there! (not exactly an eco tourist...sorry folks, but I need to be dysfunctional for one fortnight in the year)

I shall be looking forward to taking the rest of the cherries of the tree, picking the beans, spring onions and the ritual of unearthing those lovely little spudlettes tomorrow ~ along with a pile of washing to get through. :(

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good onya Shiney! I hope that you had a good time :cheers:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy

Welcome back Shiney - I thought you must have been on holiday. It was very quiet here without you!

wulf

Where in Spain did you go? I was in north Spain (Galicia) at the start of the month and loved it. I too was amazed how much the garden had changed and grown just over a week and a half (intellectually, I knew it would do that but I refuse to give up my sense of wonder at natural growth and change!).

Wulf

shiney

Hi Wulf,

I've been to the concrete jungle of Costa Blanca (Costa Concrete) My eldest son's granny has a house there and we go there every year. The kids spend all their time in the pool and at the beach digging holes. If they are happy, we are happy. I would rather be touring Spain, but it's a bit dull for children. I'll have to wait until I am an old lady to do that!

It's frightening the amount of building going on there. Literally thousands of homes go up everytime we visit and they are only selling 16% of them. MAD or what?

We did however enjoy our break but the Southern Spainish coast is being ruined. A real shame.

ina

Welcome back - although, I think the weather we had over the last 2 weeks wasn't that bad, either... Ok, it's back to normal since yesterday (cool, damp, miserable - or dreich, as they call it here!), but before that we even reached temperatures over 20 degree!!! I think we almost made 24 one day. Terribly hot for around here, we were suffering :wink: .

Anyway, I think I didn't look at my garden for only 3 days and was amazed to discover that my flowering broad beans were flowering no longer, but had REAL beans on them! Wow! Only a few more days and I can pick some! And I've also discovered what I'd sown along the side of one bed a couple of weeks ago - I'm terrible for that: Sow something and immediately forget what. I'ts mixed lettuce leaves.

See, don't need any other excitement. The garden always offers new discoveries :roll: .

Ina