Writing the book

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Writing the book

When we first started writing the book I was over the moon. It is much better than working for a living. The opportunity to write for a living, doing something that I love. Well that is still there (sort of) but I think the honeymoon period is over. It is a lot like working for a living now, just with no boss to tell you that you have started late, or to stop going online and messing around, or people to talk to.

That said, when it goes well, it is one the most satisfying things that I have ever done. So how much more to go? Well the deadline is the 31st August and we are about half way through.

It is really starting to take shape at the moment and our editor has been happy with what we have done so far. She gave us some great news the other day; saying that we should just concentrate on the text and not to worry about getting it all done with the correct grammar and such. That was a weight off my mind.

Well I thought I would share where we are at. I plan on sprucing up the main site after the deadline. Getting it to a good standard and adding more articles. We also hope to get a video camera at that point to and concentrate a bit on the .tv site. - It all depends on cash really, might have to get a proper job for a bit again. Saying that, it should only be part time so I expect we will get a fair bit more up.

Anyway, in case you were wondering that is where we are at.

:andy: :dave:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you need a proof reader, give me a shout!!

Sounds like you're both doing really well. Good luck with it all!

Cornelian
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sounds good, Andy! Congratulations. :)
It is much better than working for a living. The opportunity to write for a living, doing something that I love. Well that is still there (sort of) but I think the honeymoon period is over. It is a lot like working for a living now, just with no boss to tell you that you have started late, or to stop going online and messing around, or people to talk to.
I used to write in my spare time for about 20 years. I loved it, It was a release from a series of awful jobs.

Then, stunningly, after 20 years of rejections, a book was picked up by a publisher ... and now I do it as a job ... and all the brightness and sparkle has gone and it is a right old chore. :lol: Still, it beats any other job I have done and I vastly prefer working for me than another boss. :flower:

If you want to be happy for a day, buy a car. If you want to be happy for a weekend, get married. If you want to be happy for a lifetime, be a gardener.

Bonniegirl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Keep going!!

You did say it would be available in NZ didn't you?

Failing that, will I be able to pick one up next next year when we come back for hols in the UK?
The Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I have often thought that any hobby, when turned into a job, will lose its sparkle. But now that you are half way through it is definitely worth finishing.

With all this wet weather there must be less temptation to go down the lottie so keep at it, it'll be worth it and we're all holding our breath waiting for the finished article!

Keep up the good work guys!

Zoe

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Onya mate!

The half way mark, that's terriffic! Well done!

I suppose that is the way of anything, even the gun bits become a job after long enough. I'm not sure if I could work for myself.....*whispers* I'd have a bumhole for a boss! :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cheers folks.

Yep it should be available in New Zealand, if not we will have to try and sell it on here. - I think even if I end up boxing up and sending off a few copies over there that will work out ok. Although it is on Amazon so I assume that you can buy off there and get it? - From what the publisher has been saying it will be available in most of the bookshops in the UK otherwise.

It might be an idea to sign a load of copies and sell them on here for the same price as in the shops (or perhaps a little cheaper). It would be good to make a better offer for the ishers. - anyway that is a year away, I am sure that we can come up with something before then.

Despite is being a bit of a chore sometimes I agree it is far, far better than working in an office for a boss. The breaks can be excellent. :wink:

I think you could work for yourself Nev, you have been for the last 3 months in some form or another. - pretty much the same thing, you have to decide what to do and motivate yourself to do it.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging