Old box destined for rubbish dump

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
rhyddid

Old box destined for rubbish dump

Last edited by rhyddid on Mon May 02, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow nice one, I got my apple mac for free too. Although mine was new I got it for being dyslexic. I tend to go for software that I can download that way there is less packaging but it is also easier. There is a lot of free software out there on open source that people miss out on.

http://www.download.com I always find a good place to look.

I hear that Mac run unix or are similar or something not entirley sure thats where the computer geekness leaves me.
:roll:

I bet there are thousands of computers in land fill sites that are perfectly useable. They should at least give them away rather than chuck them. I think that there are some companies that recycle office computers or at least I know there used to be. But with computers gettting cheaper and the day of $100 pc looming I think many more pc's will end up in the ground after they are out of date in two years.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging