Dr Who!

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dr Who!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a single thread about Dr Who on the forum until now, or have I missed one? I know Andy's a fan too. Has anyone been watching this series (series four) ? The last episode was fantastic, loads of unanswered questions. The Osterhagen key - anagram of earths gone for all you criptic crossword fans - but what the f**k is it?

I've been a bit of a geek this evening and been looking on the internet to see if the Dr does regenerate and if so into who. I won't reveal any of the rumours here but there is one interesting rumour I found - Donna might be the master! There is something going on with her but I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out what!

John Headstrong

Re: Dr Who!

now you have started it!!

I was totally amazed by the latest episode, Donna is defiantly the key to something, does she save the world ? does the doctor unlock the "time war" so we get the other timelords back?
I thought that David Tennant had signed up for more series ? he cany regenerate now!!

and it is on at 6.40 next week, I will have to watch it on iPlayer again after the kids are in bed.

Silver Ether
A selfsufficientish Regular

please ... don't hint at Donna sticking around... I think She has been the worst assistant ever ... She is just rubbish .... I was biting my cushion thinking, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... no one has said anything about him leaving... :cry:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rest assured she is not contracted to do any more episodes! She grew on me throughout the series which surprised me as I hated the Catherine Tate show!

John Headstrong

I didnt think I would but I liked Catherine Tate, Donna Noble was just who the Doctor needed, for example pompei, she held the lever with the Dr. sharing the responsibility, he didn't need a another woman to fall in love with. I am fairly sure that she going to do something brave and save us all.

If David Tennant is leaving the series it has been a very well kept secret.

farmerdrea
Living the good life
Living the good life

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! We haven't even got the latest series showing down here yet, and my daughter is making me mental bugging about it. They have just started the "coming soon" teasers on the channel on which it airs, but it could be ages before it actually begins..... hmmmph. We have really enjoyed it, but still prefer number 9 to number 10. David Tennant seems to have just 2 facial expressions... surprised and surprised with mouth open...

Andrea
NZ

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

farmerdrea wrote:David Tennant seems to have just 2 facial expressions... surprised and surprised with mouth open...
Yep. Just like Roger Moore. Left eyebrow raised............. right eyebrow raised. I'm just impressed he could raise one or the other!

I've been watching Doctor Who since the first episode (I was two and a half and it was on the day my mum brought my new baby sister home from the hospital) and I've loved it for as long as I can remember it. I used to be terrified by the opening titles and would sit behind the sofa with a "movie cushion" just in case.

I don't mind Donna. Thought I'd hate her as I'm not a big Catherine Tate fan. Turns out she can act though, which was a bit of a surprise.

Lynne
ps. I'm pretty sure David Tennant was filming this year's Christmas special a couple of months back

Fizzy Izzy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Loooove Doctor Who! Thanks for spotting that anagram Dave - I never would have.

I don't think David Tennant is going - so how are they going to get round that one? Maybe similar to the Doctor's Daughter - she seemed to "regenerate" without changing.... unless something else happened??

Can't wait for the second part! And since I don't have a TV I don't get to watch it until Monday!!! (That's the soonest I can download it fom iPlayer)
Smile :)

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

ooo now you have done it! i am a HUGE dr who (and david tennant) fan! i rather like donna, and catherine tate can act.
i have heard that DT has been seen filming the xmas special....so i dont think he is leaving (and isnt he signed up to do the 4 specials next year?). but it is a great cliffhanger, as to be expected for the last but 1 episode of the series. (and they robbed us of the slushy doctor/rose reunion grr!!). my guess is that the hand in the jar has something to do with his non regeneration.....we dont see it all series then it crops up in this episode? or maybe the key has something to do with it (great anagram) but my guess is that the key has more to do with stopping davros and the daleks and returning earth to its place.

and if despite my guesses they DO get rid of DT, i shall have a strop cause i love DT and want to have his babies!! :mrgreen:
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Usually, when you're zapped by a Dalek, you "glow" all over. Only one side of him "glowed", so maybe it will have something to do with that. The hand in the box is the hand the Sycorax chopped off when he was first regenerating into the DT Doctor, and Jack uses it to know when he's around. Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who btw, for anyone still under a rock and not aware of that one. They like their anagrams :wink:

Lynne

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dr Who's mobile number

Ok I will be more of geek than Dave Dr Who's telephone number was

ps w ho.

on the numerical keypad. I think it has no relevance to anything! See Dave I am watching it now on iplayer, you can stop asking me about it.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

WiseBird
Tom Good
Tom Good

crikey...I thought I was a fan, but not compared to you lot :lol:

...and DT has filmed the Christmas special at Gloucester Catherdral...loads of snow and ...... a coffin..... :shock:

I think Donna is great, they are a good combination (but then I would say that!!!)

Donna :wink:
Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

From an inn in Lancaster, England

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

has anyone rung the doctors number? what did it go through to? if the doctor answers you can ask him what happens in this weeks episode and come and tell us all!!!
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

barefootlinzi wrote:has anyone rung the doctors number? what did it go through to? if the doctor answers you can ask him what happens in this weeks episode and come and tell us all!!!
ok, real geek time. I could not resist and had to call it, number was not recognised.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Excuse me folks? who is Dr Who please? :scratch:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.