BGG 2009 anyone?

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

BGG 2009 anyone?

Anyone thinking of going this year?

Anyone thinking of going with tinies (mine will be about 4/5 months)?

Anyone thinking of going overland from Spain :wink: ?

Just trying to work out the possibilities in my head, I'm planning an overland/sea trip to uk and denmark to escape the heat of the summer. Been to the BGG before with OH, but he's not really into festivals and think it would be a fairly easy thing to do with a babe before she is too demanding (still immobile and breastfed). If I can make life more enjoyable by meeting up with other ishers and/or easier by borrowing a tent or any other equipment (so I don't have to carry so much) then so much the better.

Clara x
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Big Al

Re: BGG 2009 anyone?

Clara wrote:Anyone thinking of going this year?

Anyone thinking of going with tinies (mine will be about 4/5 months)?

Anyone thinking of going overland from Spain :wink: ?

Just trying to work out the possibilities in my head, I'm planning an overland/sea trip to uk and denmark to escape the heat of the summer. Been to the BGG before with OH, but he's not really into festivals and think it would be a fairly easy thing to do with a babe before she is too demanding (still immobile and breastfed). If I can make life more enjoyable by meeting up with other ishers and/or easier by borrowing a tent or any other equipment (so I don't have to carry so much) then so much the better.

Clara x
Go on I'll bite,

Depends om what the BGG is doesn't it??

Aaln
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Clara

BGG = Big Green Gathering, sorry Al, there was so much banter here about it last year I just got back into the swing of using the abbreviated form.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

Big Al

Clara wrote:BGG = Big Green Gathering, sorry Al, there was so much banter here about it last year I just got back into the swing of using the abbreviated form.
It's all right Clara... If it wasn't said in a thread today then it's long gone out of my memory. Alzimers candidate number 101...unless it's an argument then I know and can recall word for word, intonation, abreviations, mannerisms.... you get the picture.

Is the BGG the new name for the glastonberry gig ?? or is that something else rattling round my head...
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Clara

No BGG is definitely NOT glastonbury. It is a festival run completely on alternative energies; a mixed bags of performers (music, comedy, theatre - but not superstars), workshops on ish-type stuff, debates and so on.

There is no alcohol for sale on site, so whilst you can bring your own, the emphasis is not on getting messing and lying in litter. Hasn't got anyone of that nastiness associated with glastonbury these days. The only carnivorous catering on site was a large tent supplied by the farm on which it was held (they were very busy!). Really good attention to detail with all green issues, they even have a free washable nappy service to make it easy for the mamas and papas to stay green.

I went in 05 and really liked it, it was before I moved out here or had children and it really taught me a lot of stuff I didn't know.

Big Al

Clara wrote:No BGG is definitely NOT glastonbury. It is a festival run completely on alternative energies; a mixed bags of performers (music, comedy, theatre - but not superstars), workshops on ish-type stuff, debates and so on.

There is no alcohol for sale on site, so whilst you can bring your own, the emphasis is not on getting messing and lying in litter. Hasn't got anyone of that nastiness associated with glastonbury these days. The only carnivorous catering on site was a large tent supplied by the farm on which it was held (they were very busy!). Really good attention to detail with all green issues, they even have a free washable nappy service to make it easy for the mamas and papas to stay green.

I went in 05 and really liked it, it was before I moved out here or had children and it really taught me a lot of stuff I didn't know.
Thanks for that clara, I guess i was a tad cynical in the posting but it was a genuine post. Right i'll be off now to look for the websites for The BGG and maybe even drag the missus along for a day now she is a born again greenie.... handy with a drill and screwdriver too she is.

big Al
Secret Asparagus binger

eccentric_emma

I am going. I think maybe Circlecross is going. I would offer to take extra stuff for you to borrow however it's looking likely that we are going to Glastonbury, then staying on for the clean up there then going straight onto BGG, so wouldn't really be feasible to bring extra stuff for anyone else.

But a meet up would be great.
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

hedgewitch

How are you intending to travel from Spain to UK Clara?
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

Clara

hedgewitch wrote:How are you intending to travel from Spain to UK Clara?
Over land/sea. I should be able to find a lift I reckon, loads of people get out of here in the hot months, if you're one of them I'd be interested to hear from you!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Me Me Me! I'm going! Bought my ticket!

Super.Niki's going too (i've got her ticket...).

We'll be seeing if we can arrange a BGG Ish Meetup picnic again - we'll be recycling the sign from 07 to use.

Can't wait!

Clara

Really must just get on and buy my ticket...thanks for the nudge Fee!

BTW I'm still looking for anyone who might be able to take me a spare sleeping bag, tent etc if they have space in a car.

jampot
Living the good life
Living the good life

ooh i really want to go but im working then doooooohh :(
AAARRGHH its behind you!!!

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sounds good to me, looked @ link hope i'm free that weekend ! :sunny:
Registered for mail. :flower:
captus nidore culinae (caught by the odor of the kitchen)

circlecross

yes I am going! Don't be so convinced about a baby being immobile - if she is 4/5 months now, she will be about ten months then. My two horrors were walking, nay running by that age! Still, lots for them to do at BGG. We found that you could buy moltex there last time, and there MIGHT be a cloth nappy washing exchange if you plan to do that. There was a breastfeeding yurt (which seemed to have it's fair share of right-on eco dads, exercising their right to be in there, whether you wanted them in there or not! It was peaceful sometimes).
If you do go, and we are going, then if you run out of stuff we are BOUND to have something. We are quite tenacious at finding stuff, (my SIL is the BEST at hustling milk from people) and I always overpack even when I know I am going to be carting it over rough terrain. I'm looking forward to it already!
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

xone
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I'd like to go but not sure if I can justify £125.