Anyone know if this has any legal standing?

PLEASE REPORT ANY FORUM SPAM ON HERE.

Also if you have any other personal spam or other spam matters then feel free to post them here.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone know if this has any legal standing?

I have added this to the forum registration that each new member has to agree to as I am sick and tired of deleting new members who just want to link to a dodgey site. Does anyone know any inter net law that says I could do exactly what I say

You also agree that you will not use this forum for the sole perpose of promoting your site, this includes adding a weblink to your member name and or signature that is totally unrelated to the nature of this site. By agreeing to these terms you give the webmaster the right to charge anyone found creating a membership for the sole perpose of promoting a site or product an administration cost of their choosing
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I don't know Andy - but the spammers aren't going to take any notice of it. How would you charge them anyway?

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:I don't know Andy - but the spammers aren't going to take any notice of it. How would you charge them anyway?
Each domain has to be registered to an address and a name, so whatever domain is linked I will send an invoice. Worth a go I guess.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley

I'm not sure Andy - to be honest I don't know how you could police it - perhaps better to say that such members would be deleted after a set period of time if all they have done is post a link to their website.

If you are leaving it there then *purpose* is the correct spelling.

On my board we are not allowed to post links or info about anything that would bring personal gain - if I were to have my own business I could not promote it on my board. I would be warned (3 times I think it is) and then banned from posting.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Shirley

a) ******** is to be used by you for your personal use only and use of ********** for commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain are strictly prohibited without ********'s prior written consent.

That is in the Terms of Service for my board - don't know if it helps.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/