Mother Ease Nappies

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
the woodmaiden
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Mother Ease Nappies

I have just been to Waitrose,if you have one near you then they are selling Mother Ease One Size till 7th May for 4 for 3!
I dont think its on the Airflow wraps tho just the cloth nappy
I got 4 more as with twins I need as many as I can get lol!
Bright Blessings
Woody
x x x x

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

That's a good deal Woody!!

I love waitrose but our nearest one is in Aberdeen AND I don't need nappies any more either.

SHOUTS WITH DELIGHT - J is USING THE POTTY ALL THE TIME NOW :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

glenniedragon

Ahh, that great aint it! Maximus has just started to be reliably dry at night-NO MORE NAPPIES- EVER!, I suppose thinking about it I'll probably be the next one in absorbant underwear (many years to come I hope!)..

Kind thoughts
Deb

the woodmaiden

Hi Shirl & Deb!
Wow the day I have no nappies I will have a big cheer!!! :cheers: ooo what will I do with all that *extra* time??!! prob run round lifting climbing twins off furniture & goddess knows what ever else they are capable of by then :lol:
I have just got 4 more so now have 3 days(or 2 mega nappy days lol!) worth which will reduce the amount of washing machine loads too!hurrah!!
I saw a lady in there from the baby group & ended up lifting Maddie out of the buggly to show her they werent bulky & gettting the nappy etc out of the box & doing a demo lol!! Waitrose should hire me to do a demo desk in there!!!!
Could be messy tho loL!!
Bright Blessings
Woody
x x x x

glenniedragon

I remember having to show my health visitor how kooshies work! Nappy choice was never discussed at any of my antenatal sessions that I remember- did you? I do remember breast Vs bottle discussions ad nauseum, I must admit I never showed my face to any of the sessions for 'round two' so to speak!

Do you know what the best thing is about nappy-free life? going back to smaller handbags and not feeling like a pack mule! you'll get there!

kind thoughts
Deb

the woodmaiden

:lol: at pack mule! thats a twin mummys lot for sure! I think with cloth nappies they should talk to mums before the babes arrive,I wemt to an under ones group & they had a Lollipop rep there who was very nice & enthuastic but by that stage the mums were all preoccupied with feeding & burping & tryng maybe to have a 5mins natter :wink: & I dont think the message of just how easy they are got across,it would be lovely to think that they could giive a money off coupon with a pack from the midwfe or that the midwife got the Lollipop rep to call or summit!
Soooo many folk are shocked I have the girls in them,it shocks me to be honest cos I thought they were more common now & to be honest twins is even MORE! of a reason to use them if they only look at the money side it alone!
Love
Woody who resigned to fact it gonna be loooong ole time before she gets to carry a natty little bag lol!!!
x x x x

Shirley

Actually I have to stand up and sing the praises of the antenatal classes that I went to - it was a drop in session held every Tuesday at the community hospital. There was a midwife there each week, and a physio on hand to help with any problems such as spd (I had that quite badly and ended up being the demo model for all the different ideas that the physio came up with - including walking around with a bit of rubber tied around just above the knee lol... talk about waddle!!)

Anyway - they arranged for the nappy lady to come in every couple of weeks with loads of samples and she was happy to talk about anything and everything to do with cloth nappies.

It was really useful - if only all antenatal classes were like this.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the woodmaiden

Hiya Shirl
oucch SPD....... :? I had that & its agony...
Talking of physio! I had mine today & wow am new woman :cheers: my pelvis had popped forward/back?cant recall what he said lol!lot of leaning on me bones & pulling form one angle & pushing from the other & I got off the bed & said heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! I feel good!!! :mrgreen:
Got another next week hmm just remembered I should be doing my exercises...damn... & here I am sat on my heinie supping wine :shock: ah heck..........
BB
Woody
x x x x

glenniedragon

I too had SPD! I was fine with Cal, but Max oooouch! It took about 5 mins to stand upright....I used to feel my sacrum clicking-and I remember from my anatomy classes it should have been fused, thats when I went for help cos I was trying to keep up with my 2 year old at the time too and couldn't! They fitted me with a bump support and gave me exercises and I did feel a bit more comfy but it was weeks after the birth before I felt anywhere near normal!

Maybe we should volunteer to visit antenatal classes to give the pro's and con's of real nappies?

kind thoughts
Deb