soothing drink for an obstinate cough

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

soothing drink for an obstinate cough

HI folks, I just read this recipe from an old but local (church I think) fund-raising publication. Really cute to see something typed on an old typewriter. I hope I am not breaking any publishing rights :santa:
it says
The white of an egg , beaten to a froth, mixed with a teaspoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar, makes a nice soothing drink for an obstinate cough
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: soothing drink for an obstinate cough

That sounds really gross :pukeright: So it probably works then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

John Headstrong

whiskey works for me

lots of it

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

I get the feeling your not overly enamoured then? I have to say the whiskey would be my first choice . Oh and second and third.....
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Ellendra
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Depends on the reason for the cough. If it's something in the lungs, whiskey or other expectorants help. If it's caused by a dry throat or throat infection, expectorants might make it worse.