mouldy grout

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
greenorelse
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

mouldy grout

OK: what's peoples' experiences in trying to keep white bathroom grout white and cleaning it once it isn't? Any simple solutions?
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

crowsashes

Re: mouldy grout

cotton wool soaked either in bleach ( not nice but works) or steralising solution and stuck to the grout overnight to get it nice and white/clean

then regular cleaning of it with vinegar or soap solution and very hot water then use a squeegee (i quite like that word :lol: ) to make sure you get the water off. if its dry its highly unlikely mould will grow. i run one over the shower just before i step out and have next to no mould growth.

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Bleach, yuk, something I've never bought. Still, if used sparingly for this one job... still, it sticks in the craw! Thanks crowsashes, I'll give it some thought.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

The Riff-Raff Element

greenorelse wrote:Bleach, yuk, something I've never bought. Still, if used sparingly for this one job... still, it sticks in the craw! Thanks crowsashes, I'll give it some thought.
Borrow / barter / buy a steam cleaner. Works a treat.

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

Try toothpaste! Buy a cheap tube and smear it over the grimy grout, leave for a while then scrub with an old toothbrush.

Works a treat. :iconbiggrin:

crowsashes

greenorelse wrote:Bleach, yuk, something I've never bought. Still, if used sparingly for this one job... still, it sticks in the craw! Thanks crowsashes, I'll give it some thought.
i cant stand it - makes me wheeze but when i first moved in here it NEEDED it :(

i dint feel save taking a shower after the state it was in... still it did work really well :mrgreen: steralising solution like milton etc is a bleach too so you could try that too.

Silver Ether

a paste of bicarb and vinegar applied and scrubbed with toothbrush leave a while the use a green scourer soaked in 50.50 vinegar and lemon juice plenty elbow grease .. rinse well and dry ... lots of people never think about drying tiles if the are in the shower... keep fresh by using a strong solution of vinegar diluted with water and add either tea tree or lavender to kill bugs... this is the only cleaner I use throughout our home.

The only bleach I use is in the toilet bowl about every six months and only then if I really need to and all my toilet furniture is lovely :icon_smile:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

becks77

Have tried allsorts even bought some of that really expensive mould remover stuff, but have forund the best but smeeliest to be bleach, however I'm going to try the toothpast thing next time sounds great and would smell lovely. Thanks for the tip. :cheers:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"